PDA

View Full Version : What the hell? Should I call this massive overbet with AA?

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
UB 2-4 NL
Hero is MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 raises to 12 I min raise to 24

MP+1 calls 24
CO calls 24
Button calls 24
UTG+1 calls 24

Pot is 126
Flop is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Check to me I bet 150
I have 1500 behind
All fold to Button who has 900
He pushes, 750 for me to call

Whats my plan?

Villian has been supper aggressive playing a lot of pots
Hasnt gotten out of line with me yet. I have a rockish image

Whats the plan?

11-22-2005, 02:15 PM
No he has a set by why did you min raise preflop? I would have bumped this one to fifty.

Maulik
11-22-2005, 02:16 PM
min-raise, fiiish?

beavens
11-22-2005, 02:16 PM
probably against an overpair or flushdraw.

why did you minraise preflop??

AcesUp2121
11-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Don't min reraise preflop, and I give this up. You've played this like an overpair, and he really doesn't care.

Bukem_
11-22-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hero is MP with A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG+1 raises to 12 I min raise to 24

MP+1 calls 24
CO calls 24
Button calls 24
UTG+1 calls 24

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh Oh.

11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
ok, raise more preflop but you know that. i call expecting to see kk-JJ or tt maybe, dont play on UB though.

soko
11-22-2005, 02:26 PM
77-88

niko421
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
he probably has JJ TT 99, 9Td, maybe even lower PP or 2 pair, but at this point I call and pray that he has an over pair, and puts you on AK or something like similiar. at worst at least you have outs... runner runner flush, Set AAA or have board pair his non paired card... a few outs...

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:28 PM
This was a reverse post. I was the button who pushed.
I agree the min raise was terrible.

I had J 8 on the flop so top pair mid kicker.

But i saw this as a great spot to bluff. Given that the MP was a tight rockish thinking player i knew it would pratically impossible that he could call this with anything.

He showed AA and mucked (i love that feature on UB that you can show and muck)
I showed J8 and he went crazy.

I thought he set himself up for that by overbetting and minraising a set or two pair was just too likley.

Thoughts on the bluff?

beavens
11-22-2005, 02:31 PM
a brag post in disguise!

well the bluff was pretty good considering you got AA to fold on a [censored] board.

why were you calling this preflop again???

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a brag post in disguise!

well the bluff was pretty good considering you got AA to fold on a [censored] board.

[/ QUOTE ]

J8 suited in postion on the button a lot of equity on a hand i can easily get away from....

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 02:34 PM
It worked, so I will say nice read. Bluffing is the art of reading your opponent and recognizing the type of situation that they will be most vulnerable to a bluff. Well done.

Bukem_
11-22-2005, 02:35 PM
Alot of these tight minraisers dont fold aces.

Biggest reason you can do this here is because he is scared someone outflopped him since so many saw flop.

Make it 3 people to the flop and probably doesn't work.

beavens
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a brag post in disguise!

[/ QUOTE ]

J8 suited in postion on the button a lot of equity on a hand i can easily get away from....

[/ QUOTE ]

not a move i'd make preflop or postflop.. guess i'm more weaktight than that.. nice read/play.

did he go on megatilt afterwards?

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It worked, so I will say nice read. Bluffing is the art of reading your opponent and recognizing the type of situation that they will be most vulnerable to a bluff. Well done.

[/ QUOTE ]
My friend said it was horrible but I disagree. My thoughts is im on the button. So i could have anything. Also, the opponent is a thinking player. That is also important. Finnaly we are really really deep stack for that game. Its different calling 100 as it is calling 750... I thought it was well timed....

11-22-2005, 02:38 PM
I think it's a great play given the amount of players who saw the flop and the relative deep stackedness of you two.

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My friend said it was horrible but I disagree. My thoughts is im on the button. So i could have anything. Also, the opponent is a thinking player. That is also important. Finnaly we are really really deep stack for that game. Its different calling 100 as it is calling 750... I thought it was well timed....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, you shifted gears to TAG after showing that down.

11-22-2005, 02:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend said it was horrible but I disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with your friend.

[ QUOTE ]
So i could have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

why i call.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, the opponent is a thinking player.

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not enough.

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hopefully, you shifted gears to TAG after showing that down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually went to bed not to long after that. Not trying to hit and run but i was real tired and it was almost midnight (work at 8 am) But i agree i would have turned to a complete rock.

Maulik
11-22-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why i call.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

an overpair isn't unbeatable when 239080932 people see a flop. stacks are deep. so this wasn't one of your better posts.

I was the player who thought this play was bad, but he didn't completely mention how deep the stacks were. This seems like one of those spots you get by feel, like when you fire a second or third barrel OOP, etc.

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

why i call.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

obv not enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

an overpair isn't unbeatable when 239080932 people see a flop. stacks are deep. so this wasn't one of your better posts.

I was the player who thought this play was bad, but he didn't completely mention how deep the stacks were. This seems like one of those spots you get by feel, like when you fire a second or third barrel OOP, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a tough tough call and you know this. While it may not be great, i think your right it is based on feel and i was 90% he would muck based on our hands together. We had avoided confrontation until then...

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alot of these tight minraisers dont fold aces.

Biggest reason you can do this here is because he is scared someone outflopped him since so many saw flop.

Make it 3 people to the flop and probably doesn't work.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but in the same respect i dont think i call with J8 there and i certainly doubt i would push. It would be a different scenario altogether

11-22-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

why i call.

Quote:

obv not enough.

Contact Us

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok i admit this wasn't great advice because for some reason i figured AA had been c/r by PRF. If i had been c/r by PRF i would call.

11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm kind of rockish, and I can't see myself risking 900 to win 300. He could easily call. I guess being a sucessful. LAG takes superior reading skills to me. Well done!

11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm kind of rockish, and I can't see myself risking 900 to win 300. He could easily call.

[/ QUOTE ]

your calling not him. as the action has been laid out to me, i admit i was wrong, firstly in the action and the tone of my response but given that i read it as, you are c/r by PFR what ranges of hands do you think he has? list them with preflop %!

Komodo
11-22-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This was a reverse post. I was the button who pushed.
I agree the min raise was terrible.

I had J 8 on the flop so top pair mid kicker.

But i saw this as a great spot to bluff. Given that the MP was a tight rockish thinking player i knew it would pratically impossible that he could call this with anything.

He showed AA and mucked (i love that feature on UB that you can show and muck)
I showed J8 and he went crazy.

I thought he set himself up for that by overbetting and minraising a set or two pair was just too likley.

Thoughts on the bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont play these stakes, but in my games this would be a bad bluff and an extremely easy call. Overpair, flushdraw or even TPTK is just too likely

Riverman
11-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Your preflop play is horrible, make it way more and then you dont have to deal with this situation