PDA

View Full Version : Tailor made for Texas Crimson Challenges

11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
I heard about this place on the radio going towards Austin, and somehow remembered it all week.

Jones Soda makes thanksgiving-themed sodas... such as broccoli, brussel sprouts, gravy, and other disgusting flavors.

This is just ridiculously tailor made for a crimson challenge, so I will leave it to yall to figure out the details, here's the site. (http://www.jonessoda.com/)

Blarg
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
I think brussel sprout soda sounds hilariously bad.

I don't think the idea of gravy flavored soda would even register as weird to a lot of southern boys.

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
texas or oregon or the midwest really need to get their [censored] together and run one of these. oregon has a handful of OOTers, am i wrong?

11-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Im down for no less than four different challenges, Im moving to Austin as of the first.... let's get this [censored] together!!!

pm me, I will coordinate.

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 03:02 PM
loc: nyc

you should take the initiative and start calling people and start getting people to commit to doing challenges. then start aggressively setting dates, that is how these things get done. otherwise everyone thinks "oh yeah i'd love to do that sometime" and it will stay at that status forever, where if someone pms them saying "lets do it next thursday" it will get done.

James Boston
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
While those all sound moderately unpleasant, they're doable (sp?). I wouldn't pay anybody to drink one.

11-22-2005, 03:29 PM
So, chugging, say, a six pack of soda's, one of each: Turkey Stuffing, Gravy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, and Beets, all in one hour, sounds doable?

Hell, I think it's doable to chug 20 oz of dave's... otherwise I wouldnt even try.

Okay, I will take the initiative to get this stuff set up.

samjjones
11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So, chugging, say, a six pack of soda's, one of each: Turkey Stuffing, Gravy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, and Beets, all in one hour, sounds doable?

Hell, I think it's doable to chug 20 oz of dave's... otherwise I wouldnt even try.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care how awful it is. Its still SODA.

dblgutshot
11-22-2005, 04:07 PM
This doesn't seem crimson challege worthy at all.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
texas or oregon or the midwest really need to get their [censored] together and run one of these. oregon has a handful of OOTers, am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seatle and Minneapolis ought to step up.

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 04:25 PM
As I mentioned in a previous thread, a Texas challange should include fire ants. Them's some mean little hombre's.

bwana devil
11-22-2005, 06:36 PM
i think you need to talk to Bdidds about this challenge

Jones Soda Seattle
234 9th Avenue North
Seattle, Washington
United States, 98109

http://www.jonessoda.com/files_new/contact.html

tonypaladino
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
loc: nyc

you should take the initiative and start calling people and start getting people to commit to doing challenges. then start aggressively setting dates, that is how these things get done. otherwise everyone thinks "oh yeah i'd love to do that sometime" and it will stay at that status forever, where if someone pms them saying "lets do it next thursday" it will get done.

[/ QUOTE ]

They'll never get their [censored] thogether. NY rules OOT.

InchoateHand
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
Yup, no other region of the country has yet produced as prodigious a crop of fat butter munchers as good old new york city.

James Boston
11-22-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't care how awful it is. Its still SODA.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point exactly. Hot sauce isn't meant for drinking, therefore it's hard to drink. These sodas, as untasty as they may be, are meant for people to drink. Admittedly, I haven't had one, but they can't be so bad that the challenger couldn't reasonably finish the challenge.

11-22-2005, 09:07 PM
Take whatever teh soda is supposed to taste like, ie actual turkey, brussel sprouts etc put in a blender with water, and drink that. Thats a real challenge.

11-22-2005, 09:14 PM
except that, from a physiological sense, these sodas are harder to drink because they have carbonation.

dblgutshot
11-22-2005, 09:19 PM
No you are very wrong about this.

Cancer Merchant
11-22-2005, 10:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
except that, from a physiological sense, these sodas are harder to drink because they have carbonation.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if someone drank carbonated hot sauce, his life would suck because of the bubbles, and not the molten death raging down his throat?

Hmm, hot sauce and club soda. Or melted butter and club soda, now we're talkin.

benza13
11-22-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, if someone drank carbonated hot sauce, his life would suck because of the bubbles, and not the molten death raging down his throat?

Hmm, hot sauce and club soda. Or melted butter and club soda, now we're talkin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, 2 liters of melted butter/club soda or hot sauce/club soda mix could be entertaining, and either would likely be awful, and the carbonation has little to do with it.

11-23-2005, 03:53 AM
This crimson challenge idea is very weak