PDA

View Full Version : 66 multiway vs PF raiser on ragged flop - flop c/r and river VB?

Akimka
11-22-2005, 01:56 PM
Button is TAG - good player, 13/9.7/2.1 He can c/r for value, not for bluff I think.

SB is loose and passive but raise PF normal amount of hands.
I have 48/8/0.5 on him.

Well - bet on flop or c/r is correct here.

River - value bet or not?

Thank you.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 12 BB

Abbaddabba
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
I only like attempting that check/raise if you see him persistently making continuation bets into large fields. Some don't if they were raising, for instance, mid suited broadway and missed. That likely comprises a large percentage of his PFR when on the button.

Without a specific read to suggest that he wont make a continuation bet, though, i'd probably go for a checkraise on the flop.

The turn is obvious.

If you don't anticipate that either of the players left will call with a high card, i dont see much point in value betting... the button is basically never calling with something that you have beat.

A better question is - if you check and the button bets, do you overcall the SB if the situation comes up?

Akimka
11-22-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A better question is - if you check and the button bets, do you overcall the SB if the situation comes up?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I will fold in this situation. Is it too weak?