PDA

View Full Version : $11 - AA busted

Brad22
11-22-2005, 12:35 PM
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:17628237 Level:1 Blinds(10/15) - Table Table
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 9: Hero ( $995 )
Seat 5: Villain ( $785 )
Trny:17628237 Level:1
Blinds(10/15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Ac Ad ]
Villain calls [15].
Hero raises [80].
Xxxxx calls [65].
Villain calls [65].
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, Tc, 6c ]
xxxxxxx checks.
Villain bets [80].
Hero raises [275].
xxxxx folds.
Villain raises [390].
Hero is all-In [640]
Villain is all-In [235]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 9s ]
** Dealing River ** [ 2h ]
Villain shows [ Kc, Jc ] a flush, king high.
Hero shows [ Ac, Ad ] a pair of aces.
Hero wins 210 chips from side pot #1 with a pair of aces.
Villain wins 1660 chips from the main pot with a flush, king high. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is there any way to get away from this hand?

el_dusto
11-22-2005, 12:46 PM
I start to sweat after seeing the way he bets the flop. 1/3 pot bet and a min. reraise back at your raise just screams "please call me!!"

That being said, it's a tough spot. bruce lee tough.

ThrillFactor
11-22-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

Next tourney.

junkmail3
11-22-2005, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

1. Fold
2. Power Outage

mosdef
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1/3 pot bet and a min. reraise back at your raise just screams "please call me!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but at the $11s that includes guys who called preflop with KT and now want you all in with top pair. It's an easy call, and it sucks that he flopped a flush.

11-22-2005, 01:01 PM
You still have outs and its not much more for you. You have the nut flush draw but yea, you are prolly behind. I'd still call tho hoping to grab another club.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 01:04 PM
Well, it could have been played better.

I raise more preflop, so that if anyone comes in, I get paid better, and also to trigger people to push at me. The more people that are in before me, the bigger I raise. Usually I raise $100 to $125 with QQ through AA. Your lowish bet encouraged people to stay, which is fine, but they stayed for cheap, which is not worth it to you. Just my opinion.

I don't think you had a raising hand at the flop; you had a trapping hand. If someone with one club made a flush at the same time you did, you'd have all his chips almost every time. Good future value to playing it cool for now, especially since your bet doesn't close the action.

As for now on this round, if you're beaten, putting the extra money in there doesn't help you. If you're ahead, the pot is worth winning right now, so a push would be in order to help give them worse odds and make a call very unattractive. You're pretty much committing to putting your chips in on later rounds anyway, once you've put in so much of your stack and the pot is so big.

Either way, not a raise like this. Not when you're facing a possible made hand or trips already and aren't even closing the action. Either shove it all in or play like a mouse and hope to turn or river a nut flush and get rich, or even get by with a lucky second pair or trips and a deep sigh of relief.