PDA

View Full Version : motivation

OtisTheMarsupial
11-22-2005, 12:35 PM
How do you motivate yourself?

Everyone's got a different style, so what do you do?

pokerdirty
11-22-2005, 12:36 PM
i procrastinate.

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 12:37 PM
Get drunk, call her.

11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i procrastinate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. But, when i need to get something done, I force myself to do it for a period of time. Ie., if Im going to start working out again, I force myself for one week to go..no matter what. If I need to get my hoework done, i force myself to do 15 or 20 min worth no matter what. The hardest part is the beginning after that, its gravy.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 12:41 PM
Not bad.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 12:43 PM
Nothing motivates like terror.

joshman1204
11-22-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i procrastinate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. But, when i need to get something done, I force myself to do it for a period of time. Ie., if Im going to start working out again, I force myself for one week to go..no matter what. If I need to get my hoework done, i force myself to do 15 or 20 min worth no matter what. The hardest part is the beginning after that, its gravy.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats awesome

diebitter
11-22-2005, 03:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How do you motivate yourself?

Everyone's got a different style, so what do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise myself I'll jerk off after it's done. Of course, I jerk off before I start as well, to get proper balance on things. Balance is important.

Clarkmeister
11-23-2005, 01:22 AM
I find that with me, it's all about inertia. Once I get going on something, I feel good about it, and want to keep it up. OTOH, when I'm doing nothing, I find it very hard to get started on anything other than continuing doing the nothing. The key to me getting motivated is making that first step, feeling good about it, and building momentum off that initial inertia-breaking step. Then I'm on my way.

man
11-23-2005, 01:38 AM
I only feel motivated to do anything for about twelve weeks out of the year. the first four weeks each semester, and the two weeks before and during finals. during those times, I am an unstoppable machine of academic prolificacy. during any other week, I spend about thirty hours a week between going to class and studying.

so I think terror and pressure are the only things that really motivate me.

utmt40
11-23-2005, 01:41 AM
Money

Warik
11-23-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so I think terror and pressure are the only things that really motivate me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same.

If something absolutely needs to get done, there is no one more capable than me to do it. If it's not a life or death necessity, then good look ever seeing it get done.

Blarg
11-23-2005, 02:09 AM
This is exactly like me. It's all in the starting. If I can get that far, the rest almost takes care of itself. It can take me an absurdly long time to get the ball rolling, though; sometimes it seems outright perverse.