PDA

View Full Version : Q8s BB, bet the flop?

Somekid
11-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Villian was 38/10/1.3, the SB was loose-passive.

I feel like my play in this hand was extremely weak. Should I have bet the flop? I decided to check because I didn't think there was any way to get the CO to fold. Also I didn't want to bet in order to clear out the SB if the CO raised since I figured if the CO raised I was beat. I thought about CR the flop but the SBs call ruined that plan.

I called the river because the COs check after the ace looked suspicious. Was this a bad call? I figured he could have a wide range of hands since he open-raised from the CO.

Party Poker 3.00/6.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link (http://www.darksun.lunarpages.com/poker/)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.00 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (4.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB.

spydog
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
Checkraise the flop. With SB calling it's an even better spot for a checkraise because you can get away from your hand if CO 3-bets. If they both just call, then you can fire on the turn and usually pick up the pot right there.

RunDownHouse
11-22-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I figured he could have a wide range of hands since he open-raised from the CO.

[/ QUOTE ]
And yet you flop second pair and go through the entire hand without once doing anything other than checking and calling?