PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 AK on the river

11-22-2005, 11:19 AM
Im starting to find clear folds. But it doesnt feel good. Villain is 77/0/0.30(114 hands) but 1.18 on the river agg.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

27offsooot
11-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I would fold turn, or possibly flop vs. this opponent (barring specific reads that he likes to semi-bluff lots).

spydog
11-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Against a player this passive I would fold the flop.

Against an aggressive player, I would play it the same way you did.

stigmata
11-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Against this guy I would peel and fold the turn. I would expect someone like this to slowplay his big hands (2 pair and up), so I really do think we usually have somwhere between 3 and 6 outs.

11-22-2005, 11:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Against this guy I would peel and fold the turn. I would expect someone like this to slowplay his big hands (2 pair and up), so I really do think we usually have somwhere between 3 and 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my thought as well. These guys fast play bluffs and slowplay good hands. On the river however I felt that I couldnt even beat a bluff.

11-22-2005, 11:43 AM
The pot is small, you got checkraised on the flop, and led into on the turn. I think to call the turn bet you need to put him on an all out bluff, and from his numbers I don't think you can do that. Fold the turn.

Chairman Wood
11-22-2005, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
77/0/0.30(114 hands)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.16 BB) Q

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately fold the turn. Perhaps as stated before a flop fold may be in order. I probably would peel the flop when involved in the hand put looking at it from this (a more clear) point of view I think a flop fold is best. This guy is pretty passive. He needs something to do this to you so you are probably dealing with an overpair (AA-99), pair matching the board which may or may not have you reverse dominated, two pair or set or made str8 (which you [censored]). Getting 7:1 and some seemingly bad reverse implied odds and what isn't a 6 out draw. I think a flop fold.

11-22-2005, 11:53 AM
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair. The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore. But maybe I have got it backwards. You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So his low aggression factor means that when he checkraises the flop, he is on a bluff? I agree that he might be on a low pair. But we might have four outs left. He could easily have paired his low card with an ace as the other card.

27offsooot
11-22-2005, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair. The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore. But maybe I have got it backwards. You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is also drawy, even idiots can see that and may not want to wait till turn with two pair type hands. Regardless, i think u'll see a bluff pretty much never vs. this opponent and calling the turn is a mistake.

Chairman Wood
11-22-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes.
[ QUOTE ]
Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you have some kind of read such as "likes to wait until big streets to get raises in with big hands." From the information you have given us it seems like this guy told you with the flop c/r he has something that beats you. He is not the bluffing or even the semibluffing type.
[ QUOTE ]
This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]He could be bluffing but with what you provided I don't think he is doing it often enough to justify you calling in this small pot. A small pair beats you and if he has something like 55, T8, T7, 98 or something like it he may have a straight draw to go with it. You may be vunerable to a redraw if you hit an A or K on turn.
[ QUOTE ]
The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore.

[/ QUOTE ] I don't think he's bluffing and but you do still beat a few bluffs.
[ QUOTE ]
You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Donks get lucky too. Just because he's a fish and plays poorly doesn't mean he doesn't have a better hand than you here most of the time.