PDA

View Full Version : 20/40 84s

piggity
11-22-2005, 10:50 AM
20/40 at Foxwoods.

I've been playing rock-like for hours. The last three hands I showed were KK, QQ and KK.

Folded to me in MP, I raise with 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Folded to the blinds. The SB looks constipated, thinks for a few seconds before reluctantly calling. BB calls too. SB has been yapping on all night about all his so-called bad beats, how he was "this far ahead" before the flop, how bad everyone plays, etc. BB plays loose passive and has been hitting all his draws.

Flop is J/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gifT/images/graemlins/club.gif. Check, check, bet, call, call.

Turn is 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB checks, BB checks, I bet, SB raises, BB coldcalls. I call (?).

River 5/images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me. I .. ?

11-22-2005, 11:58 AM
It looks like SB has you beat but was affraid of BB when the flush draw came in.

So I would check, in fear of SB.

Manzanita
11-22-2005, 08:05 PM
piggity,

I can see getting called by worst hands (notably by the loose-passive BB) so I like betting the river here.

BTW I understand your motivation for open-raising from MP, but couldn't you wait for something a little better than 84s?

-- Manzanita

11-22-2005, 09:32 PM
i would check. given how passive the bb is could he have 89? if he missed any draw then hell fold and wont pay you if he hit something then hell win and maybe checkraise you. Would the Sbcall a raise here with qj or something? id just check it. (even if your beat though you should show)

piggity
11-22-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

BTW I understand your motivation for open-raising from MP, but couldn't you wait for something a little better than 84s?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Manzanita,

Yeah, you're probably right. After folding for a couple of orbits I had decided to open-raise the next suited hearts I had.. Maybe I should be a bit more stringent about these mix-up hands.

goofball
11-22-2005, 10:18 PM
I think the river is a bet almost all of the time.