PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 NL (Live) - push or raise flop?

11-22-2005, 05:39 AM
10/20 NL loose/agressive game. I've been TAG and table definately views me as TAG after ~6 hours sitting. I'm on the button with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

sLAG UTG (3200) opens for 100, weak/tight CO (900) calls 100 and Hero (2500) calls.

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UGT leads out with 220. CO calls 220. Pot is 770. I think for ~10 seconds and shove.

I thought about raising smaller but if he did have a set or flopped broadway he would likely reraise and leave me in a bad spot. I had a strong read the cut-off player was weak. I felt pushing could force UTG to lay hands like two pair, flush draw, or A-x with a straight draw. I just feel like there is a lot of fold equity here, and the hands that do call me still leaves me with outs. I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

r3vbr
11-22-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10/20 NL loose/agressive game. I've been TAG and table definately views me as TAG after ~6 hours sitting. I'm on the button with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

sLAG UTG (3200) opens for 100, weak/tight CO (900) calls 100 and Hero (2500) calls.

Flop A /images/graemlins/heart.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif

UGT leads out with 220. CO calls 220. Pot is 770. I think for ~10 seconds and shove.

I thought about raising smaller but if he did have a set or flopped broadway he would likely reraise and leave me in a bad spot. I had a strong read the cut-off player was weak. I felt pushing could force UTG to lay hands like two pair, flush draw, or A-x with a straight draw. I just feel like there is a lot of fold equity here, and the hands that do call me still leaves me with outs. I could be wrong.

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it!

11-22-2005, 02:53 PM
You could call. CO might be on smaller hearts.

arod15
11-22-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it!

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it, if you just call you leave your self with a tough tough situation on the turn if you miss. If you push now, you can pick up a decent pot if everyone folds, and if somone calls its essentially a coinflip as you have a ton of outs...

AceHiStation
11-22-2005, 03:05 PM
I like it.

hit_the_set
11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Standard. Good Push

lapoker17
11-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Weak tight CO may have a big hand, but this is pretty standard.

howzit
11-22-2005, 03:55 PM
super lags don't lay down top two or top/bottom.

When you push after that action you're saying you don't care about UTG having top or second set (or even third set) so either you think he's FOS or you've flopped broadway or big draw.

maybeeeee he'll lay down bottom two but UTG will easily fold one pair as he is 50/50 or big dog.

UTG maybe capable of firing again on a turn blank as the flop isn't good spot to trap, especially coming from a TAG. calling also puts you in a weird spot on the turn $1k pot w/$2200 in the back. the stacks aren't deep, and your implied odds aren't that good. your play is fine. added bonus is CO is priced in to call w/a flush draw.

BTW, can you PM where this game is, i assume you're from Hawaii.

11-22-2005, 06:32 PM
I don't care how strong your image is... i don't think the original raiser lay's down any two-pair/ set/ or TP + draw hands here. If you are super tight aggressive... does he think that you picked this hand to just smooth call preflop with AA, AK, or KK...

he won't believe you (the tag) calling a raise with Q-10 preflop...

I think a push is way to obvious of a semi-bluff.

I think a smooth call/ push on the turn is way more likely to concern the other two players.