PDA

View Full Version : Yes, no or maybe so?

PokerBob
11-22-2005, 05:26 AM
Canterbury 15/30 9 handed

cold caller here is a retard. probably 75/7. SB can play OK, but I think she is drunk. BB is also a retard in the 75/7 range. both retards love to call down and overcall and play any 2 soooooted cards.

I raise K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG, a few folds, monkey CC's, blinds call.

Flop 4 ways (8SB): K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, Monkey CC's, SB now 3-bets, BB calls, I make it 4, monkey CC's 2 more, SB calls, BB now caps, I call, monkey calls.

Turn (4 players) (14BB):5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checks to me, I bet, monkey calls, SB now raises, BB calls 2 cold, I make it 3 bets, monkey folds, SB calls, BB calls.

River (3 players) (24BB): 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
SB checks, BB checks, I....yes, no or maybe so?

SteveL91
11-22-2005, 05:35 AM
Eh. The monkey definitely looks to have been on the flush draw. But, I'm still betting and I'll call one raise. But, if it goes: bet/raise/raise, then I think it'd be safe to fold.

toss
11-22-2005, 05:38 AM
Bet and kill yourself if you get checkraised. But seriously he could have JT too.

I'm not capable of foloding if I get CR'd.

BoxLiquid
11-22-2005, 07:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

SB checks, BB bets, I raise, Monkey CC's, SB now 3-bets, BB calls, I make it 4, monkey CC's 2 more, SB calls, BB now caps, I call, monkey calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why BB would decide to donk with a flush draw. SB came alive on the turn with probably 2 pair or something. She's most likely drawing dead.

I think a value bet would be ok. My experience with players that donk... they would either have a super monster or have something really goofy. And I almost never see them do both a donk and a c/r. It's usually not in their arsenal. (10/20 games atleast...)

I think BB would've donked the river with excitement if he made his flush here.

EDIT: I feel so sure they weren't on a flush. Can you PM me with what they had? Got me curious now.

hobbsmann
11-22-2005, 09:06 AM
what did BB say when he capped the flop out of nowhere? His flop/turn line looks sooooo much like a flush draw, but since SB pretty much never has a flush and me have good hand I don't think I could resist a value bet.

11-22-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh. The monkey definitely looks to have been on the flush draw. But, I'm still betting and I'll call one raise. But, if it goes: bet/raise/raise, then I think it'd be safe to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The monkey folded on the turn.

winky51
11-22-2005, 10:24 AM
By their play I am more apt to believe one of them has a set or 2 pair. Only the SB I would consider having the draw and he folded the turn. I seriously doubt someone check raised a draw then checked the river to check raise you because he caught the flush. Bet the fricken thing then call and say "nice hand" if donk master really did do the unimaginable and raises you with the 65s flush.

In live games players are less apt to act like crazy morons with draws then online. Also consider the player. Is he a LAG? Is he a rich guy that doesnt care about his money?

SteveL91
11-22-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The monkey folded on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops. I guess that's what I get for trying to think at 4:30am. Reading > me. Regardless, I think I'd still play it the same: bet and call one raise, but not two.

QTip
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

cold caller here is a retard. probably 75/7. SB can play OK, but I think she is drunk. BB is also a retard in the 75/7 range. both retards love to call down and overcall and play any 2 soooooted cards.

I raise K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG, a few folds, monkey CC's, blinds call.

Flop 4 ways (8SB): K /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checks to me, I bet, monkey calls, SB now raises, BB calls 2 cold, I make it 3 bets, monkey folds, SB calls, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see no reason to not bet this.

JojoDiego
11-22-2005, 05:45 PM
I'd probably check-through, though that may be the wimpy/gun-shy move.

The SB check-raised twice, so she's not on the flush. The BB very well could have the flush, BUT he's a retard, which pushes me toward a river bet. But then the drunk SB waits behind us, possibly looking to check-raise a third time, which would be unpleasant...

11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Bet. Call 1 raise.

Joe Tall
11-23-2005, 04:03 AM
Smells like set over set when they all check the river.

Slim but still there if value in a river bet.

PokerBob
11-23-2005, 04:13 AM

I screwed the hand up, as the river was actually the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif, not the 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif, but the reuslt is the same. I was shocked it checked to me and I bet with glee and told myself I would call a raise as the pot was ginormous. SB called with KQ, BB called with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I suck at rivering.

Victor
11-23-2005, 04:18 AM
def bet. i would hightly doubt bb has a draw. likely has a lower set or 2pair.

sb looks to be drawing but could have a set or 2pair too. easy bet. call a raise bc the pot will be 27bb.

one time, i played a hand and it looked like i had a flush draw. everyone at the table thought i had the flush when i checkraised the river. my friend next to me even whispered lucky (villain was on the other end and couldnt hear) when the flush card hit. villain thought i had a flush. the look on his face was utter horror (pot was huge.) i thought i had a flush too. until i flipped over kd10h.