PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 2, tough turn spot...

GoblinMason (Craig)
11-22-2005, 04:01 AM
SB is tag like stats, 3bettor hasn't done anything of note his first round but isn't playing tons of hands, so I don't think 53 is in his range.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (6 max, 7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button calls $12 (All-In), SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5.80 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, SB calls.

Turn: (5.90 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero folds...

Surfbullet
11-22-2005, 04:25 AM
I wouldn't fold the turn getting ~13:1 closing the action...it's really tough to give UTG a hand range that isn't just "probably a set," but players do alot of wacky semibluffing things, especially with Pair+FDs.

Additionally, SBs smoothcall(not cap) on the turn would leave me to believe we are probably ahead of a donked draw / middle pair / top pair, so we are more concerned with UTG. I'd def call to try and improve at the least, and consider the river card and action before deciding to call or fold to a river bet.

Surf