PDA

View Full Version : doug lee is gooot!

11-22-2005, 03:48 AM
Steven Hudak Doubles Through Doug Lee
Log: Steven Hudak raises to $9,000, and Doug Lee calls from the button. The flop comes Ks-7d-5d, Hudak bets $12,000, Lee raises to $30,000, and Hudak moves all in for $66,000. Lee considers the situation for several minutes before calling with Ad-Js (ace high). Hudak is in the lead with Ac-5c (pair of fives). Lee will need to catch a jack or running diamonds to eliminate Hudak.

The turn card is the 2h, and Lee is down to his last three outs. The river card is the Kd, and the crowd momentarily reacts to the appearance of paint. But Hudak's pair of fives hold up, and he doubles up in chips.

good one doug good one, i guess that's why you are a WSOP circuit champ.

gr8vertical
11-22-2005, 04:35 AM
I guess he put him on a flush draw /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

quinn
11-22-2005, 05:12 AM
Come on, it wasn't terrible.

Oh wait..yes it was.

11-22-2005, 05:23 AM
i'm also impressed by hudack's play who said "fug you" basically to doug lee. I mean once Doug calls, I wonder if Steve was thinking "F*ck, I'm beat", only to be called by a worse hand drawing to 3 outs. I mean seriously, he's not a total fluke. With a WSOP circuit title and a final table at PLO, and now this final table he must be doing something right....like gamboooolin'!

11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
i guess it was only 36000 more to him getting like 4 to one on the call.
you might criticize the play but it was aggressive. he did not passively call off his chips. there is a big difference.

Miles Ahead
11-22-2005, 02:25 PM
The raise was aggressive, but how is calling the all-in move not "calling off" his chips?

EnderW27
11-22-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The raise was aggressive, but how is calling the all-in move not "calling off" his chips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was done aggressively. Lee brandished a knife and let loose with a primal scream straight from the diaphram while pushing in his chips.

11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
its only 36000 so hes getting like 5 to 1 on the call. basically no one else is going to try to bluff him now either.

11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
if he decided to call it anyways, his bluff should have been all-in instead of a raise of whatever amount he did raise for...

Miles Ahead
11-22-2005, 04:21 PM
I wasn't necessarily questioning the call. I was questioning your characterization of it as "aggressive."

As far as the call, where do you get 5-1? Given the levels of the blinds and antes, it looks like less than 4-1 to me. So, he's risking something like 20% of his stack to make the call, getting 3.7-1 on his money, with only 3 outs if Hudak has a King (which seems reasonable given the action). Even if he thought Hudak paired a 5 or 7, wouldn't Hudak's most likely holding (for his other hole card) be an A (which again, means only 3 outs)?

Another possibility is Hudak is making a pure bluff or a semi-bluff with a flush draw, but when it only costs Lee $36K to call, that's not much of a bluff.

11-22-2005, 04:27 PM
thats not necessarily true because he might want to make a similar play in another spot. maybe that time he could fold. but if he gave the appearance he was going to call with anything it might work better.

Miles Ahead
11-22-2005, 04:40 PM
What's not true?

And I'm not sure I understand what the similar play would be later. Are you saying he risked 20% of his stack on that call to set up his image as a calling station so that nobody will try to bluff him out of a pot?

miami32
11-22-2005, 05:09 PM
Go Hudak. Who used to post here by the way.

11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
what was hudack's two plus two name?
the kid's got talent..bound to make a big win

siccjay
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying he risked 20% of his stack on that call to set up his image as a calling station so that nobody will try to bluff him out of a pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

He's basically saying that he is wrong and he's trying to make it look good.

Miles Ahead
11-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Damn, that was fast. Doug Lee busted out after only 5 hands in today's final table.

Date / Time: 2005-11-22 14:46:00
Title: J.C. Tran Doubles Through Doug Lee
Log: Hand #3 - Scotty Nguyen has the button in seat 6, Doug Lee raises to $15,000 from the small blind, and Tran calls from the big blind. The flop comes Kc-8c-2c, Doug Lee bets $20,000, and Tran calls. The turn card is the 9h, Doug Lee moves all in, and Tran immediately calls all in for $61,000. Doug Lee shows Kh-2h (two pair), but Tran flopped the nuts with Ac-5c (flush). Doug Lee needs to catch a two or a king to bust Tran. The river card is the Jc, and J.C. Tran doubles up to $196,000 in chips.

AND

Date / Time: 2005-11-22 14:55:00
Title: Doug Lee Eliminated in 8th Place ($50,384)
Log: Hand #5 - J.C. Tran has the button in seat 8, Doug Lee raises, and Pham calls from the big blind. The flop comes Ks-Qh-9s, Pham checks, Doug Lee bets $14,000, and Pham calls. The turn card is the 5c, Pham checks, Doug Lee moves all in, and Pham quickly calls. Doug Lee shows Kh-2c (pair of kings), but Pham shows Jd-10s for a flopped king-high straight. Doug Lee is drawing dead, and the meaningless river card is the Qs. Doug Lee is eliminated in eighth place, earning $50,384.

11-22-2005, 10:54 PM
no what im saying is the most important thing when u play aggressive is to make your opponent think they cant bluff u. you dont realize all the chips lee can steal by making this play.

2+2 wannabe
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
tough to win when your opponents flop the nuts twice against you

gobboboy
11-23-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
tough to win when you are terrible

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Miles Ahead
11-23-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to win, but not tough to avoid losing all your chips holding only top pair/no kicker.

2+2 wannabe
11-23-2005, 12:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tough to win, but not tough to avoid losing all your chips holding only top pair/no kicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah the second hand was poor

Ezcheeze
11-23-2005, 01:38 PM
Earlier in the tournament Doug bluffed me out of a decent pot where he limped in at 400 800 blinds and I raised to 3500 in the small blind with QQ. He calls flop is As 6s 4h I bet 6k and he raises all in immediately he has me covered by alot and i have about 20k left. I hadn't played with him before this and had only seen him briefly on tv so I had no idea what he was capable of. I folded and he showed JT high saying "I know you didn't have the A."

After this my stack dwindled to almost nothing and I'm of course feeling like [censored] thinking I threw the tournament away and won't get a chance to use my new found knowledge to my advantage. Thankfully, I was able to double up a few times and make the final table.

In this specific hand after Doug calls preflop I know hes going to raise the flop 100% unless he makes a monster. He doesn't play to make money or even win the tournament. As far as I can tell his only concern is to get his opponent to fold the best hand. Bottom pair A kicker was just about the nuts on that flop vs. his range of raising hands and I gladly put the rest of the chips in.

Doug makes it tough to play against him if you aren't hitting any hands when you're desperate at the end of a tournament but before that it isn't too difficult to trap him into bluffing off lots of chips. He seems to be kind of inexperienced and sort of learning what works and what doesn't. If he really studies the game and applies himself he may have a chance to become a much better player because he has no fear whatsoever of putting all his chips on the line if he thinks he can bluff you. At the moment he just thinks he can bluff you every hand /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

11-23-2005, 04:01 PM
so he's kinda reckless...i mean he's an amateur I'm sure he can harness that recklessness into a FORCE so we can stop flaming him in ths WPT forum.

what's next for you steve? funny they made a running bet on your age.

Ezcheeze
11-23-2005, 04:45 PM
The Five Diamond World Poker Classic is coming up at the bellagio. Should be lots of high limit action and a 15k tourny to boot.
Yea Scotty Nguyen wanted to bet I was 12 but the rest of the table put me at 17. I get that all the time so It doesn't bother me much but what really ticks me off is if they call me an internet player.