PDA

View Full Version : Blatantly simple Party steps question

ClaytonN
11-22-2005, 03:11 AM
I decided to goof around and bought in for two seperate step 2 mini's. I have now ascended to a step 4 and a step 3.

- these can't be turned in for cash, right?
- how far can you guys go with these things? Wouldn't logic dictate they are profitable for say, the 22 player?

wiggs73
11-22-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I decided to goof around and bought in for two seperate step 2 mini's. I have now ascended to a step 4 and a step 3.

- these can't be turned in for cash, right?
- how far can you guys go with these things? Wouldn't logic dictate they are profitable for say, the 22 player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. They can't be turned in for cash.

Use the search feature. There are lots of other threads on this. The general consensus is that they're profitable but probably not as much as 4-8 tabling the $22s. For a player with a short roll and lots of time, they're probably a good option though.

ClaytonN
11-22-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Right. They can't be turned in for cash.

Use the search feature. There are lots of other threads on this. The general consensus is that they're profitable but probably not as much as 4-8 tabling the $22s. For a player with a short roll and lots of time, they're probably a good option though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously cannot be bothered with the abysmal search feature on this forum. Thank you for your answer though.

skipperbob
11-22-2005, 08:26 AM
1.) No, they cannot be "cashed"
2.) If u turn either of these into a Step 5 cash, I think the answer is obvious
3.) I have done well at Step play; maybe they're designed for morons /images/graemlins/smile.gif

citanul
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
they can't be turned in to cash, no.

for an answer to b or 2 or whatever that doesn't use the search function, make up a bunch of ROIs that you might consider realistic for yourself to have at each stakes and multiply and whatnot. not really very hard to figure out an overall roi if you have a chain of subsidiary rois. consider that a winning 22s player might have a negative ROI for several/many of the steps.

c

Nicholasp27
11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
they aren't great for $/hour, but for bang-for-buck they are great...u can take the same $6 and play for hours

i just bought in a few yesterday on mini step 1 just to see if i can eventually turn them into cash

it's pretty easy to just get top 5 on mini step 1 so u can keep freerolling; once u get to mini steps 2+, u only need top 8-9 to keep going, so should be able to keep freerolling until u eventually get to the final table;