PDA

View Full Version : AA hand id never think to play like this...

DcifrThs
11-22-2005, 03:01 AM
what do you guys think of this. MP has AA no diamond. i have 99 no diamond SB's hand is unknown. MP is decent player from what ive seen, SB is a donk.

MP opens i 3bet from CO sb caps we call.

FLOP: JsTd9d. sb checks mp checks i bet sb calls mp calls.

turn 4d. sb checks mp checks i bet sb calls MP RAISES I call sb calls.

river 5c. sb checks MP bets I call sbfolds.

EDIT: sorry for piss poor prose.

Barron

shemp
11-22-2005, 03:06 AM
3 Handed.

[ QUOTE ]
turn 4d. check check bet call call RAISE call call

[/ QUOTE ]

{ <43,25>, 15, 8.6 }

Stupid shortform. Incorrectly executed. As for the hand. Seems like 1 way to do it.

daryn
11-22-2005, 03:12 AM
ugh, reading this gives me a headache

flawless_victory
11-22-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
you folded?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, he called and the sb folded.

Victor
11-22-2005, 03:14 AM
i have no idea how the action is here. who called, who raised, who folded? when, what, how?

daryn
11-22-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you folded?

[/ QUOTE ]
no, he called and the sb folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i thought there was a bb in there too

flawless_victory
11-22-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have no idea how the action is here. who called, who raised, who folded? when, what, how?

[/ QUOTE ]
barron effed up the turn in his post, apparently.
seems it should be one call, b4 the raise.

Victor
11-22-2005, 03:18 AM
ok i get it now. so mp cred the turn and you both called. i think you played your hand fine.

im not so sure about the aa. not betting the flop seems bad.

DcifrThs
11-22-2005, 03:19 AM
sorry about the piss poor prose guys.

i wanted to post this b/c of what the guy w/ AA did. on the flop he gives up action to hands like KQs/KK/QQ. but saves money vs. JJ/TT/99. AKdd also saves money vs. his AA. AK gets a cheap shot at a Q.

on the turn when the diamond hits, JJ/TT/99 are hard pressed to reraise and he can fold to the 3bet fairly easily although i dont know if he would...

river bet i dont quite know about.

Barron

tongni
11-22-2005, 03:22 AM
I read the hand, I read the replies, and I'm still confused.

DcifrThs
11-22-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I read the hand, I read the replies, and I'm still confused.

[/ QUOTE ]

what is the source of your confusion?

Barron

tongni
11-22-2005, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is the source of your confusion?

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok was looking at the unedited version. Makes sense now. I don't like his play because there is some small chance it will get checked through on the turn and that would be awful. I think leading is superior and if you are behind, well you are behind, but I want to get the added value from forcing SB to call two cold, and then another two when it's back to him.

haakee
11-22-2005, 05:25 AM
I don't like his turn check-raise. In his position I'd bet the turn worried that it'd be checked through if I didn't.

jomatty
11-22-2005, 06:23 AM
i think i would like it better if he was in position. then the pot is smaller on the turn, people are still unlikely to reraise without him being beat and he can make it tough on every one when he is still in front by making them call 2 bets. also he can then bet if its checked on the turn and avoid a free card,if he is still ahead. although the check raise isnt terrible if he can reliably fold to reraise.
matty
matty

1800GAMBLER
11-22-2005, 08:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

on the turn when the diamond hits, JJ/TT/99 are hard pressed to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

They shouldn't be.

DcifrThs
11-22-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

on the turn when the diamond hits, JJ/TT/99 are hard pressed to reraise

[/ QUOTE ]

They shouldn't be.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you put him on when he check calls a draw heavy flop after capped preflop action and checkraises both the pf 3bettor and capper on the turn when the d falls?

Barron

Lestat
11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
I wouldn't be so quick to give MP a flush. With the sb just calling along, I'd want to 3-bet with position and either gain some equity on his draw or knock him out. This also turns the tables on MP, because if he does have a bigger set, now HE'S hard pressed to play back. And if he DOES have the flush and plays back, it's not a complete catastrophe, since you'll have outs.

Lestat
11-22-2005, 04:09 PM
But I just realized you didn't ask about your play, you asked about HIS... Sorry - lol

I think it's dicey, (and I mean NO offense to you), but if his opponents aren't strong enough to play back with better hands then it does have some merit. He's getting max value when he's ahead without the threat of getting punched in the face by a better hand.

DcifrThs
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But I just realized you didn't ask about your play, you asked about HIS... Sorry - lol

I think it's dicey, (and I mean NO offense to you), but if his opponents aren't strong enough to play back with better hands then it does have some merit. He's getting max value when he's ahead without the threat of getting punched in the face by a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

i never said i pla yed the hand well. on the turn i had a good deal of trouble naming a range for the villian. the check call on the flop was wierd. i didn't think he'd do it w/ AA/KK/QQ (well maybeQQ), the fact that the diamond hit and that he checkraised was what made me lean towards just calling...but having the blind in there is a problem b/c now im letting him draw cheap to maybe 1 diamond when i could possibly be ahead and be against a non diamond c'r hand and save a pot. that is a consideration i didn't take at the table.

further, i didn't consider enough that even if its capped i have equity. i did consider that but decided that folding the river in that size pot would be problematic.

i think now the turn is a definate 3 bet due to the above considerations.

the turn c'r did have the freezing effect on me b/c of his pf+flop play, i couldn't put him on the likely hands and he sacrificed some value when ahead to save a lot of bets when behind with that strong of a hand. thats why i thought it was interesting.

Barron

PokerCad
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
If MP is as you say decent, and he probbly knows u are good, is it not possible that he played this hand to do just what he did? in that it made you take a second look at how he was playing, adding a little deception perhaps? and in hindsight not knowing you had a set he ended up saving a few bets. This is the only explanation I can come up with in why he played his hand this way.

Clarkmeister
11-23-2005, 01:53 AM
I'm with the 3-bet the turn camp. There are just too many draws that can hurt you and you really would like to get the capper out. I don't think you are going to see a flush here very often as I think both a big flush draw and a flopped straight are going to play fast on this board with this preflop action. I'd assume overpair or pair+draw here. But regardless, the board is too scary and the pot is too big to let the 3rd play in IMO, especially since even in the event you *are* losing to a straight or flush, you have outs.

Edit: BTW, I don't think he played the AA bad at all given that board.