PDA

View Full Version : Longtime lurker first time post Did I play this right?

11-22-2005, 01:52 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: (5.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

CourtJester
11-22-2005, 01:56 AM
looks fine, w/o reads its a fine calldown, people like to bluff scare cards like that

11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Read was 18.69/3.74/3.79/107

Koss
11-22-2005, 02:21 AM
I've been folding the turn in these spots. You're likely way behind or drawing dead. I can't think of too many hands that KQ beats or has a good enough draw to beat. His play is consistent with slowplaying something on the flop, or making a flush on the turn. Unless I've seen him get out of line in other spots I'm folding this close to 100% of the time. The pot isn't even that big.

MrWookie47
11-22-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. One, you should realize that these are stats, not a real read. Two, after 107 hands, I hope you have a real read. This isn't meant to be snarky, but it's a skill you need to develop.

Weatherhead03
11-22-2005, 02:33 AM
I play the same. Looks as if it could be a flush but also could be two pair or semi-bluff with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. I would need a read to fold the turn.

Post reads with your hands next time. It helps a ton with making the correct decision.

11-22-2005, 02:49 AM
*grunch*

yes, imo. For many people it is standard in HU to wait for the turn to raise trying to get more value on their better holdings. Since you raised from MP1, he can't really think you are stealing. So he probably has a little something on the turn. Without reads, I would assume either a top pair not necessarily with a better kicker a set or a flush. At 1/2 I haven't found too many people raising to semi-bluff a flushdraw on the turn. So without a read I wouldn't count on that too much.

The river card doesn't change much. Unless he was semi-bluffing you are still either ahead or behind a better TP or flush.
So I would play it the same against an unknown and a rock that wouldn't raise the turn without a good hand. Against a LAG I would bet/call.
Well, hold on a second. Pokerstove tells me, you are a huge favorite against a 15%, 20%, 25% and more player. Even against someone who plays 22+,A2s+,K2s+,QTs+,ATo+,KJo+,QJo. You have 80% equity here. I would appreciate comments on the range though (just starting with that). I would now even more bet/call the river unless villain really is a rock.

11-22-2005, 05:44 AM
NH.

POKhER
11-22-2005, 05:56 AM
TO be honest, Your beat a fair bit when the flush completes and you get raised.

Saying that however, the only time i ditch these hands are when im confident a player isn't tricky and has been passive for the majority of hands. Even then, i dont like it.

he could have just hit two pair, although on the river you're still screwed vs most hands.

Meh, I hate calling down represented flush draws!

POKhER
11-22-2005, 06:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things. One, you should realize that these are stats, not a real read. Two, after 107 hands, I hope you have a real read. This isn't meant to be snarky, but it's a skill you need to develop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Backing up wookie, Infact i'd advise(when comfortable at your current stakes) to ditch PA for a while(But continue to let PT read the hands - You want records of all hands you play, Database is a VITAL tool when ti comes to self improvement).

When you feel you have reads on the players, open PA. If you had a TAG read on MrWookie, see if you're correct. If you're wrong just keep at it.

I say when your comfortable at the stakes as losing PA when you're reliant on it(MANY people are, and are clueless on manual reads unfortunatly) may affect your win rate. If you do this to early on in the stakes you may think you're losing as your "bad" reads are affecting youre play/making you misplay hands.

Good luck,
Welcome. Posters make much faster progress than lurkers /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11-22-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]

although on the river you're still screwed vs most hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you say about my Pokerstove-Analysis then? Did I screw up the hand-range? I'm a bit confused, because it tells me, we are such a huge favorite... Even if I only select suited diamonds, we have still 50% equity on the turn and 60% on the river. That includes villain playing any diamond-suited queen or any diamond-suited connector (0 gap) against that preflop raise which is far too lose, I think.

POKhER
11-22-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi Gemz,

I'm not a big fan of using PokerStove, infact i find its use rather worthless as its for post game analysis and most poker situations are 100% Unique so i feel theres little to be learnt from it. (I.e. To be shown you played a hand wrong is ok if you learn something from it, but how can you when all you're given is number of equity which don't take into account the player type nor the way he played this hand?)

Saying this however, I base my reads off the guys play during this hand(with his stats in mind).

Putting a none tricky opponent on:
Hit flush draw,
2Pair,
Set.

Of course this range is small, but "Read was 18.69/3.74/[/b]3.79[/b]/107 "

Due to such large aggression we can most likly widen the range so 1pair could also be likly.

However, if he was on 2pair J5/J2/Q2 also seem unlikly. QJ is possible(Now having a FH), AQo is also possible(He posted, was raised).

As we're behind AQ, QJ, Set, FD i don't see us winning this hand often.

On a side note, what do you mean we have 60% equity vs Two diamonds on the turn?

11-22-2005, 07:56 AM
Ok. To make sure I get you right: because Villain is so aggressive, he could be raising with a TP only. But because he is quite tight, he is more likely to have AQ than QT e.g. so we are likely beat anyway. Is that correct? Very helpful. Thank you.
I'm still trying to get a structure in my analysis. Therefore I tried using pokerstove.

[ QUOTE ]

On a side note, what do you mean we have 60% equity vs Two diamonds on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course we have no equity against a made flush. I meant, I replaced all the possible suited hands (all 4 suits) that were in my hand range with hands that were only diamonds (i.e. AKs -&gt; AdKd e.g.). So there were still all the offsuit hands in it, smaller pairs etc.

POKhER
11-22-2005, 08:03 AM
He's aggressive, So it implys he can bet/Raise alot. Now unless he's ran super hot on the 100hands(a possiblity) it implys he may be betting regaurdless of his kicker, for example he may hold Q2.. .and bet like mad.

Although he could hold AQo and bet like mad.

He's 18VPIP, So yeah hes fairly tight. However he posted, which changes things a bit as it was cheaper(Or better implied odds as such) for him to call the raise as opposed to cold calling.

The way he played his hand, i dont really put him on AQ or QT TBH, its just a possiblity.

For now i'd try base your reads off your opponents play/PT stats as opposed to using PokerStove and whatever else. Theres already so much information to take in, adding things like pokerstove will just make it even more likly that you'll get confused(I know it does for me).

Also i must stress, i'm far from an awesome player but this is just my 2cents on this hand. its important to read other posts and approach hands from different angles, everyone has their own lines/thoughts and don't descriminate due to post count /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Looks good.

11-22-2005, 04:05 PM
I would have played it exactly the same way.

11-22-2005, 06:01 PM
Just wondering but if you were villian on nut diamond draw do you raise the flop or just call? I think if I'm villian here I raise with the diamond draw here, is that spewing chips or good value bet? Esp with position and the likelyhood of getting a free card if no diamond on the turn.

Since villian didn't raise flop maybe he hit a set or two pair on the turn to wake him up? I think I raise the river here more often than not depending on reads. But I play at .25/.50 tables so that may make a difference here.

I have not started using pokertracker because I wanted to work on my reading self reading ability and not have to use software, but I do plan on getting it soon so more so to analyze my own play than that of my oppenents during hands but might review there play afterwards.

11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Welcome!

I think you have to bet/call that river. The dude could easily be bluffing the turn scare card. He could also be bluffing the Q on the river.

11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
I can't believe people are going for check/call on the river!/images/graemlins/confused.gif He could easily have two pair. I thought I was w/t.

11-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks for everyone's input

He held 55 in the pocket

11-22-2005, 07:50 PM
I like Bet/call on the river better.

HU I'm not gonna automatically give him credit for the flush (his stats say he's aggressive).

11-22-2005, 08:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Posters make much faster progress than lurkers

[/ QUOTE ]

NH