PDA

View Full Version : Serious problem with Absolute software ill give you $20

TStoneMBD
11-22-2005, 01:41 AM
here is the issue:

I found out that Absolute upgraded their software today to allow 6tabling so I logged on hoping to take advantage of this. It asks me to do the software update and I accept. I then open up 3 tables and when I go to open my 4th it says you cannot open any more tables. I restart Absolute and logon and there are no updates. I still cannot open more than 3 tables at once. So I uninstall Absolute Poker from my computer using add/remove programs and reinstalled it using the downloaded installation from from absolutepoker.com. I Installed the software into the same directory it was in before and when I logged on it asked me for a software update, I installed and when the software restarted it tells me this:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3267/untitled6pm.jpg

There is absolutely nothing wrong with my internet connection whatsoever I assure you. I then proceeded to restart and reinstall Absolute several times into several different directories after this and the problem kept occuring. Please fix my software situation and please make sure I will be able to 6table.

i have a router but no other firewall and have not changed any settings since this issue. it has only happened after the reinstallation of absolute. i have also restarted my computer.

please please help. ill give $20 to whoever can come up with the solution to fixing both my absolute connectivity issue along with why i cant 6table if you do it before absolute support gets back to me (ill check timestamp).

cgwahl
11-22-2005, 11:01 PM
If you have this as an option, install it on another computer (in your home) just to verify its something with that computer.

It could very well be something with Absolute.

11-22-2005, 11:32 PM
Not sure if this will work but why not try and reset your internet connection, if using a router, reset your router.

TStoneMBD
11-22-2005, 11:45 PM
yah its a router problem. something with the software upgrade must have conflicted with my router. its weird because absolute was working fine on my computer before the reinstall. i disabled my router this morning and am now using a software firewall. ignore this thread guys, thanks for the help though.

cgwahl
11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not sure if this will work but why not try and reset your internet connection, if using a router, reset your router.

[/ QUOTE ]

I deal with so much network crap all day I can't believe I didn't think of that...good call.