PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 JJ turn donk from semi solid player

DMBFan23
11-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Hey y'all,

looking through my old 10/20 hands and came across this one, it was interesting because wuarhg coached me and liked the way I played it then, but I'm wondering if I should have taken a different line, i.e. raising the turn.

villain is pretty solid so far from what I've seen, fairly tight for 10/20, 25/17 style if you will. not too many hands though, under 50.

do we have a hand range for him when he bets the turn?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls and is raising only a J on the river

Surfbullet
11-22-2005, 04:13 AM
I don't mind the turn call HU b/c I think a TAGy player will/should bet again on the river with any pair hand hoping to get value from A-hi. Given that I'd raise the river and expect to get paid by a decent # of worse hands, hopefully also some curiosity calldowns from crappy pairs.

Also, I think we have a pretty safe fold to a river 3bet against a TAG so it makes the value-raise more appealing.

Surf