PDA

View Full Version : Movie Syncs

11-22-2005, 12:43 AM
So I'm in university and as of lately we've been trying out different syncs while being extremely high. Anyways, Dark side of the rainbow was our first and obviously it worked quite well. Our second was twelve monkeys to Radiohead's OK Computer which was quite bad. Our 3rd was Radiohead's hail to the thief with The Nightmare before Christmas, it was amazing! Now we're looking for more to do and I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for me to try out. We're doing Nosferatu with Radiohead's KID A and don't know how to properly time it, if anyone could help out that would be awesome. Thanks alot.

edfurlong
11-22-2005, 12:47 AM
GOOGLE IT! (http://www.angelfire.com/musicals/cinesynchs/kidd.html)

shant
11-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Some friends and I got lit, put on Night of the Living Dead, shifted the color on his TV all the way up so everyone's skin color was magenta and put on Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Nigga Please" album. It ruled.

11-22-2005, 12:49 AM
Nosferatu and Dracula are the same thing?
I've googled continuously I can't find it.

Eurotrash
11-22-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I'm in university and as of lately we've been trying out different syncs while being extremely high. Anyways, Dark side of the rainbow was our first and obviously it worked quite well.

[/ QUOTE ]

you guys were certainly high.

11-22-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Some friends and I got lit, put on Night of the Living Dead, shifted the color on his TV all the way up so everyone's skin color was magenta and put on Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Nigga Please" album. It ruled.

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome

Piiop
11-22-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds awesome. I'm gonna go try it!

edfurlong
11-22-2005, 12:55 AM
Yeah I'm an ass.

I can't seem to find anything on what you are looking for. That leads me to belive that you may be mistaken about what movie it is. That said I know nothing about "syncing".

Bigdaddydvo
11-22-2005, 12:57 AM
"Dark Side of the Rainbow" is the industry standard. When another sync compares to it let me know.

CheckRaise
11-22-2005, 02:07 AM
I wandered across website a year ago that had hundreds of syncs and they rated all of them. Some were right on others not so good but now I cant seem to find the link. It was cool site, I will continue my search.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Am I alone here in my thinking that the whole Wizard of Oz and Dark Side sync is just people's imagination/expectation? A placebo effect if you will. I did it and it just seemed like coincidences that wouldn't be that unlikly. Most of it would take a lot of extapolating meaning when none is there IMO. One of the biggest wastes of my time.

fluxrad
11-22-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I alone here in my thinking that the whole Wizard of Oz and Dark Side sync is just people's imagination/expectation? A placebo effect if you will. I did it and it just seemed like coincidences that wouldn't be that unlikly. Most of it would take a lot of extapolating meaning when none is there IMO. One of the biggest wastes of my time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did this with my friends a number of years ago.

There are a couple of points where the movie and album do sync up rather interestingly. For example, "Money" starts to play when Dorothy opens the door and spots the yellow brick road in full color. To someone who's really high (like I was my first time) the yellow brick road begins to look as though it's paved in gold. The effect is rather cool.

Then again, we had one or two friends sitting with us that weren't high and looked at the rest of the group like we were out of our minds.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 02:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

There are a couple of points where the movie and album do sync up rather interestingly. For example, "Money" starts to play when Dorothy opens the door and spots the yellow brick road in full color.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't in the least bit extraordinary. You are exrapolating meaning when none exists. When you combine two highly packed sources of simuli and a creative human mind (especially a high one) and you can do this with nearly any album/movie sync to one degree or another. It's a matter of probablility that some will be more significant than others.

fluxrad
11-22-2005, 02:42 AM
Out of curiosity, have you tried this?

TheMainEvent
11-22-2005, 02:43 AM
Pink Floyd's "Echoes" syncs pretty well with the space travel sequence of "Contact"

daryn
11-22-2005, 02:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

There are a couple of points where the movie and album do sync up rather interestingly. For example, "Money" starts to play when Dorothy opens the door and spots the yellow brick road in full color.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This isn't in the least bit extraordinary. You are exrapolating meaning when none exists. When you combine two highly packed sources of simuli and a creative human mind (especially a high one) and you can do this with nearly any album/movie sync to one degree or another. It's a matter of probablility that some will be more significant than others.

[/ QUOTE ]

yo... i think you are over-thinking it here. they were high on weed. they probably just went, "whoa.. money!!"

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 02:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity, have you tried this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes

thatpfunk
11-22-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is claiming that these syncs are extraordinary? Who the hell is "extrapolating meaning"? Thanks for the complex breakdown Captain Obvious, but they're stoned and it's cool to watch and listen to... big deal.

TheMainEvent
11-22-2005, 02:50 AM
I don't know if people realize this but you're actually supposed to immediately reset the album after it finished playing the first time. IMO, the best moment is during the second replay when you hear "home...home again" at the exact moment when Dorothy wakes up in Kansas at the end.

fluxrad
11-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Meh. I just re-read your original post up at the top of the page.

Let me put it this way. It's not a placebo effect. There are places where the movie syncs up perfectly with the album, as in the case of Money and a couple of others. What happens when you're high is that you place greater import on that coincidence than when you're not. I suppose I should say it's not that it doesn't happen when you're not high, it's just that you don't care.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 03:00 AM
I was blazed when I did it. I just found it unremarkable. I remember seeing plenty of places where it did sync up if you tried real hard to find significance. I was having one of my weird "everything is so clear" highs. I would see a scene that I had heard about and would think up different ways of viewing in and imparting meaning to it. By the end of the movie I came to the conclusion that it was just the nature of the album Dark Side of The Moon and the abstactness of Wizard of Oz that made these connections so probable.

Needless to say my friends don't like it when I get into one of my "everything is so clear" buzzes. I have learned to remain silent or try and slip away to my guitar when they occur.

fluxrad
11-22-2005, 03:13 AM
I once got so high, I invented pizza.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I once got so high, I invented pizza.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this more than just cool as thing to say, I would love to hear this story! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

daryn
11-22-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was blazed when I did it. I just found it unremarkable. I remember seeing plenty of places where it did sync up if you tried real hard to find significance. I was having one of my weird "everything is so clear" highs. I would see a scene that I had heard about and would think up different ways of viewing in and imparting meaning to it. By the end of the movie I came to the conclusion that it was just the nature of the album Dark Side of The Moon and the abstactness of Wizard of Oz that made these connections so probable.

Needless to say my friends don't like it when I get into one of my "everything is so clear" buzzes. I have learned to remain silent or try and slip away to my guitar when they occur.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's the stage we call "professor barney"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/9/96/C-barney.gif/180px-C-barney.gif