PDA

View Full Version : NYC - New Years Eve Suggestions

IggyWH
11-21-2005, 11:36 PM
I know it's early, but some friends and I have talked about going to NYC for New Years. Most of us are located in Pittsburgh but we also have some friends in DC and Boston so NYC seems like a cool meetup spot.

I think when it comes to NYC, especially for New Years, we're all pretty clueless. We've looked into this site :

http://www.nyballdrop.com/

Seems pretty cool, but as I said, we're prtty clueless. Anyone have any opinions on one of those spots? Anything else I should check out?

shant
11-21-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm probably going to this thing in LA (http://www.giantvillage.com/). I don't like the Black Eyed Peas but Z-Trip can rock a [censored] party.

IndieMatty
11-21-2005, 11:47 PM
whew. for a second I thought you were thinking of going to times square.

strata isn't half bad as far as clubs go. im a proponent of just partying with my friends. I hate going out on NYE

Matt Flynn
11-21-2005, 11:51 PM
Last time I spent New Year's Eve in New York was in 1989 at a club called the Adam's Apple at 60th and Columbus.

I got engaged. Good times.

11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
I didn't check out the site you linked but if you go to NYC for New Year's, and expect it to be a once in a lifetime thing, then make sure you're around the ball drop. It's in Times Square and it's gonna be packed with people. Like 4-5 blocks deep. At least. I've heard people were waiting for like 10-12 hours to be right in the vicinity of the ball drop and I waited about 2 hours and was about 3 blocks away or so. It's cold. You get hungry. You wait hours for literally minutes of celebration. No less than 30 minutes later everyone's on their way to something else.

I'm sure you can just google up some club you might find interesting. Depending on your tastes, expect to spend some dough.

Have fun. NYC is pretty dope. Check out the soup nazi.

shant
11-22-2005, 12:23 AM
I just reread your post and realized a Los Angeles suggestion is pretty off topic. Haha, my bad.

IggyWH
11-22-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just reread your post and realized a Los Angeles suggestion is pretty off topic. Haha, my bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, it's all good. One day I plan to be in LA, just not anytime soon /images/graemlins/frown.gif

IggyWH
11-22-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't check out the site you linked but if you go to NYC for New Year's, and expect it to be a once in a lifetime thing, then make sure you're around the ball drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends and I are more worried about getting blitzed than we are about standing outside in the cold for hours just to see some ball drop. NYC just seems like a cool meeting grounds since Pittsburgh is so damn lame.

xadrez
11-22-2005, 12:40 AM
My suggestion would be to stay far away from NYC. You spend 5X the amount of money you'd spend any other night out. Plus, everywhere you go is way too crowded (were talking nuts-to-butts), and its impossible to find cabs and cram into subways. Its a nightmare.

My optimal NYE is renting a house in the woods somewhere, and having a party with a bunch of good friends. People get wasted and everyone can get all corny and sentimental at 12 AM without some douche with too much gel in his hair spilling a apple martini all over you.

EDIT: To say that going to see the ball drop in person is quite possibly one of the worst choices you can make, ever. Id rather have a root canal. Honestly.

11-22-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't check out the site you linked but if you go to NYC for New Year's, and expect it to be a once in a lifetime thing, then make sure you're around the ball drop.

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends and I are more worried about getting blitzed than we are about standing outside in the cold for hours just to see some ball drop. NYC just seems like a cool meeting grounds since Pittsburgh is so damn lame.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean blitzed? If you mean like a bunch of terrorists are going to blitz you and your friends, well, there's nothing you can do to avoid that other than not being there. If you mean the weather, well, you're from Pittsburgh so it shouldn't be a problem. If you mean people, there's going to be tons of people everywhere in NYC at that time especially.

turnipmonster
11-22-2005, 01:48 AM
agree 100%

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My suggestion would be to stay far away from NYC. You spend 5X the amount of money you'd spend any other night out. Plus, everywhere you go is way too crowded (were talking nuts-to-butts), and its impossible to find cabs and cram into subways. Its a nightmare.

My optimal NYE is renting a house in the woods somewhere, and having a party with a bunch of good friends. People get wasted and everyone can get all corny and sentimental at 12 AM without some douche with too much gel in his hair spilling a apple martini all over you.

EDIT: To say that going to see the ball drop in person is quite possibly one of the worst choices you can make, ever. Id rather have a root canal. Honestly.

[/ QUOTE ]

This man is correct. BTW, I tried that burrito joint. It was awesome. Myself and my roomie thank you.

IggyWH
11-22-2005, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean blitzed? If you mean like a bunch of terrorists are going to blitz you and your friends, well, there's nothing you can do to avoid that other than not being there. If you mean the weather, well, you're from Pittsburgh so it shouldn't be a problem. If you mean people, there's going to be tons of people everywhere in NYC at that time especially.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean blitzed as in getting drunk as hell.