PDA

View Full Version : So my buddy just bought pot off Craigslist...

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 09:56 PM
...he posted an ad saying he was looking for some 420. Five minutes later, someone contacted him. 45 minutes and one shady Dunkin' Donuts parking lot deal later, he had a bag of "the best stuff [he's] seen in years" for $40.

This boggles my mind.

vexvelour
11-21-2005, 09:58 PM
$40??? That's it?

Wow, this is the greatest day ever.

11-21-2005, 09:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That there are people this stupid? Yes.

thatpfunk
11-21-2005, 10:00 PM
We were doing great without you. Really, we were.

kurosh
11-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Time to go post!

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 10:02 PM
This boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That there are people this stupid? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

He is without a doubt my stupidest friend. However, he is also quite resourceful.

11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We were doing great without you. Really, we were.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for offeing your opinion. I'm sure you'll be without me again soon. But am I wrong on this?

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 10:15 PM
holy [censored] - is that really you jake? i didn't even notice. i'm duhmb.

4_2_it
11-21-2005, 10:17 PM
You sent him back with $80 then, right?

ThaSaltCracka
11-21-2005, 10:18 PM
what city?

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what city?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillsburrito, OR

11-21-2005, 10:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what city?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is craigslist?

ThaSaltCracka
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
what city?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hillsburrito, OR

[/ QUOTE ]dude LOL for that one, wooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

ThaSaltCracka
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
what city?

[/ QUOTE ]

And what is craigslist?

[/ QUOTE ]http://portland.craigslist.org/about/cities.html

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 10:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You sent him back with $80 then, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha - I prefer the relative safety of my known sources.

JonPKibble
11-21-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...he posted an ad saying he was looking for some 420. Five minutes later, someone contacted him. 45 minutes and one shady Dunkin' Donuts parking lot deal later, he had a bag of "the best stuff [he's] seen in years" for $40.

This boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, what does mine say?

SWEET!

11-21-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...he posted an ad saying he was looking for some 420. Five minutes later, someone contacted him. 45 minutes and one shady Dunkin' Donuts parking lot deal later, he had a bag of "the best stuff [he's] seen in years" for $40.

This boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a thread hijack, I have a question.

I don't understand the use of brackets in quotes. Here you put the [he's] in brackets and I don't understand why. Did you change the quote from "I" to "he" or what? Was it not included and you added it?

Sorry, I'm no good with grammar and such.

thatpfunk
11-21-2005, 10:32 PM
It's mildly dumb, but nothing crazy.

What is there *really* to be worried about? Getting robbed of $40? The police monitoring craigslist and doing a sting operation?

I guess it's kinda dumb, but it's just your standard opening threads just to complain or be negative about that is really dumb.

Voltron87
11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting robbed of $40?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only real worry I would have with it. the police setting up a online sting for a 40$ pot deal, O RLY?

David04
11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you change the quote from "I" to "he" or what?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is basically it. Also, if it is something like a magazine or newspaper, I think the brackets might indicate something from the editor.

thatpfunk
11-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Ya, that's what I'm saying, the risk is pretty small.

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand the use of brackets in quotes. Here you put the [he's] in brackets and I don't understand why. Did you change the quote from "I" to "he" or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was directly quoting him, but obviously he said "I've" instead of "he's". In order to make a quote flow properly in context, you can use brackets to change words that don't change the meaning of the quote. Another example would be if he said "It is the best stuff I've ever seen!" I could write it as "[This bud] is the best stuff [he's] ever seen!"

Get it?

11-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Yes, thank you very much. This has bothered me forever and I've never been able to figure it out exactly.

pokerstudAA
11-21-2005, 11:07 PM
Who changes your "novice" / "carpal tunnel" status? Mine is "old hand" - how stupid is that?

I like yours Slow Play Jerry Garcia. I want mine to be "Legalize It."

As for buying pot from the internet I ask why not? Thats where we gamble, get our porn, so why not get drugs there also.....? Hey PM me if you got a 50 sack in houston /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
There are the normal ones based on # of posts, and then the special ones that moderators set. I don't actually know who changed mine though. There was a thread a while back "If you could have any title what would it be" and I said Smot Poker for it's dual meaning. The next morning, it was changed. So thanks to whoever it was!

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 01:25 AM
What is 420? I'm assuming a grade that indeed would get a fly high.

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

thatpfunk
11-22-2005, 01:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 01:55 AM

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any fool knows a sandwich bag holds more than 1/8 ounce.

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
Getting robbed of $40?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only real worry I would have with it. the police setting up a online sting for a 40$ pot deal, O RLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that would be legal. Sounds like entrapment to me. It would be legal for the cops to do what slowplay's friend did.

whiskeytown
11-22-2005, 01:57 AM
I'm all out myself - this sounds vaguely appealing -

Just one more reminder that until it's legal, we're all criminals.

RB

WackityWhiz
11-22-2005, 01:57 AM

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any fool knows a sandwich bag holds more than 1/8 ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's like a bag of potato chips...

thatpfunk
11-22-2005, 01:58 AM
um, ok?

Sponger15SB
11-22-2005, 02:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] hippie stoner.

thatpfunk
11-22-2005, 02:24 AM
hey, the jerkstore called...

Chobohoya
11-22-2005, 02:24 AM
Getting robbed of $40?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only real worry I would have with it. the police setting up a online sting for a 40$ pot deal, O RLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

When police do this, they're usually the buyer. Also, $40 isn't a crazy amount for them to buy.

ThaSaltCracka
11-22-2005, 03:09 AM

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]there seems to be plenty of morons out lately. How anyone needs this explained to them is beyond me.

11-22-2005, 04:39 AM
obv.... you are posting.

captZEEbo1
11-22-2005, 04:51 AM
what section do you think is the best section to post this under to ask to buy pot?

scott8
11-22-2005, 04:55 AM
I posted this in another thread a while back, but one of my best friends did the same thing when he moved to orange county.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is correct.

Also, 420 is code for pot/smoking pot. It's based on some belief that the police code for marijuana possession or something in CA is 420. I don't know the validity of this, but I do know the term is used almost universally now. It started as 4:20 being the designated smoking time for everyone to smoke, but now it is used as a noun meaning pot, a verb meaning to smoke pot, and who knows what else. I have a bumper sticker (not on my car though, lol) that says "It's 4:19...got a minute?" - cracks me up every time.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 08:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what section do you think is the best section to post this under to ask to buy pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...he sent me the link, but I don't have it anymore - I think he put it in the personals, but I'm not 100% sure.

11-22-2005, 08:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This is the only real worry I would have with it. the police setting up a online sting for a 40$ pot deal, O RLY?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, look at this e-mail I just got, the gig is up!

[ QUOTE ]
From: Admin@dea.gov
Subject: Your_IP_was_logged

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on Craigslist while trying to buy pot.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

*** Drug Enforcement Agency - DEA
*** Washington, DC 20535
*** phone: (202) 305-8500

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't know if you aware, but you shouldn't open .zip files from unknown senders. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Jdanz
11-22-2005, 09:32 AM
it wouldn't be entrapment, entrapment isn't letting you do something illegal, it's putting a person in a situation that a person who would normally obey the law would be compelled to break it.

Offering someone drugs is CERTAINLY not entrapment.

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 01:45 PM

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]there seems to be plenty of morons out lately. How anyone needs this explained to them is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought pot last week: $30, 1/2 ounce, 1/4 to 1/5 of a sandwich bag. I'm too stoned to figure out how that means $40 buys 1/8 of an ounce of average weed and requires a sandwich bag. I'll leave that to the geniuses out there.

My point was that "a bag" in no way defines quantity.

vexvelour
11-22-2005, 01:58 PM
Any fool knows a sandwich bag holds more than 1/8 ounce.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's like a bag of potato chips...

[/ QUOTE ]

vnh

CORed
11-22-2005, 02:03 PM
This boggles my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

That there are people this stupid? Yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the stupid one is the seller. If the cops are going to set up a sting, they are going to try to nail somebody for selling. The buyer's primary risk is getting riped off: The seller robs him, or meets him somewhere, says he has to go inside to get the pot and never comes back, sells him oregano, etc. If I still smoked, and nobody I knew had a line on pot, I might take the risk. OTOH, I would never consider selling to a stranger from Craigslist.

CheckRaise
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
He spent $40. An individual of average intelligence should be able to deduce that he bought a sandwich bag (1/8 of an ounce) worth of pot.

[/ QUOTE ]there seems to be plenty of morons out lately. How anyone needs this explained to them is beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought pot last week: $30, 1/2 ounce, 1/4 to 1/5 of a sandwich bag. I'm too stoned to figure out how that means $40 buys 1/8 of an ounce of average weed and requires a sandwich bag. I'll leave that to the geniuses out there.

My point was that "a bag" in no way defines quantity.

[/ QUOTE ]

You bought 1/2 an ounce for $30, WTF.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You bought 1/2 an ounce for $30, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say S-C-H-W-A-G?

jokerthief
11-22-2005, 04:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it wouldn't be entrapment, entrapment isn't letting you do something illegal, it's putting a person in a situation that a person who would normally obey the law would be compelled to break it.

Offering someone drugs is CERTAINLY not entrapment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was hoping someone could verify or debunk my theory.

Thanks

CheckRaise
11-22-2005, 05:01 PM
You bought 1/2 an ounce for $30, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say S-C-H-W-A-G?

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew schwag was cheap but this seems ridiculous, last time I bought 1/2 an ounce I paid $150.

Jurollo
11-22-2005, 05:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is 420? I'm assuming a grade that indeed would get a fly high.

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
420 explanation... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(drug_culture))

That should build upon Ray's 420 explanation.
~Justin

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 07:28 PM
What is 420? I'm assuming a grade that indeed would get a fly high.

And a "bag" is too vague. Was it a sammich bag, duffle bag, or flea bag?

This is important breaking news and we need better details dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
420 explanation... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(drug_culture))

That should build upon Ray's 420 explanation.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Interesting that some of the occurrences pre-date the origin. Damn time traveling hippies.

MonkeeMan
11-22-2005, 07:33 PM
You bought 1/2 an ounce for $30, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say S-C-H-W-A-G?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not KB, but definitely not schwag.

So anywho, what's the answer Ray?

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 08:29 PM
You bought 1/2 an ounce for $30, WTF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you say S-C-H-W-A-G?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not KB, but definitely not schwag.

So anywho, what's the answer Ray?

[/ QUOTE ]

definitely schwag...unless you live in jamaica?

answer to what?