PDA

View Full Version : Limp-reraise with AKs

Acesover8s
06-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Very passive, cally-wally 10-20 game. The only superaggressive player is to my immediate right in the BB. I limp AsKs. 2 more limpers. SB comes in, and BB predictably raises. I 3-bet, all call, and he caps.

Flop comes Js9h2c. He bets, I raise, 1 caller between, he 3-bets and we two call.

Turn is the Ah. He bets, I raise. Other player folds and he calls.

River is the Kh. He checks, I bet, he raises, and I call.

How'd I do?

elysium
06-30-2003, 02:29 PM
hi aces
looks good. if this aggressive likes to SP a little with the goods, a tendancy a lot of aggressives have, then check down the river; but i like the way you played this.

Inthacup
06-30-2003, 03:55 PM
The river interests me. With the way you've played the hand, and the way he's played the hand, he either has KK(Split with AK is a longshot chance to me) or you have him beat. I'd need more player info on whether or not to 3-bet the river, though. Just saying superaggressive isn't really enough to go on. If you're just like "wow, he plays really aggressively" then the call is fine. If it's like "this guy plays top/2nd pair like he plays a set" then I think a 3-bet is in order. Given what you've said about him, I'd 3-bet. I mean, a predictable raise from the BB? You can't let off the gas against someone like that.

John W
06-30-2003, 05:05 PM
I think the pot is big enough to check it down. I don't see the value in betting the river. These type of players Queen-Ten is a very good hand to them.

Hope it worked out for ya...