PDA

View Full Version : 2 HU hands against a higher limit pro

oreogod
11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
Some hands I thought were semi intresting. Comments apprecieated especially on Hand 2. Anyway....

This is at a HU only table. This guy is good and very tough. He is always trying to put u under pressure and can semibluff CR, 3bet light and fight back with weak hands if he thinks he is good. Definitly not someone you want to play against HU, but I had a blast doing it (I love playing against good players HU...its a lot of fun imo)

Anyway this is halfway into the session.

Hand 1:

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Hand 2 He is, like any good player, attacking the hell out of my blinds...I know I have the best starting hand here. So I treat it likewise.

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (11 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 11 BB

B Dids
11-21-2005, 09:05 PM
Hand 1 I like.

Hand 2 I tend not to 3-bet with hands like this HU, but I'm probably more conservative in terms of 3-betting pf HU heads up than most. Beyond that I like it.

etizzle
11-21-2005, 09:13 PM
hand 2 i highly prefer betting out the turn to c/r. He should most definitley take a free one with A8-AJ, Q9-QT, and you are more likely to get a call down from small pairs and A high if you bet out as opposed to c/r.

TStoneMBD
11-21-2005, 09:28 PM
i think you should bet in hand 1. villain would hvae to bet insane to checkraise bluff you off the best hand after capping preflop. youre better off betting and picking up some value against gutshot draws or possibly even folding out TT-QQ. checking is close though ill give you that. if hes going to autobet the river with any 2 then checking is good, but a good player should know better.

in hand 2 i really dont get the flop call. the preflop 3bet is easy and the turn checkraise is also good.

oreogod
11-21-2005, 09:38 PM
Hand 2 what action do u prefer on the flop.

TStoneMBD
11-21-2005, 10:10 PM
nm i guess you have to call for metagame but for the isolated hand itself the call is slightly -ev.

oreogod
11-21-2005, 10:58 PM
the direct EV of the call depends on whether my outs are good or not. If they are good, the call is +EV. (this is just looking at the pot, not counting metagame reasons, etc like u mentioned).