PDA

View Full Version : watch what you download from email

whiskeytown
11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
I wake up this evening and I have 10 emails -

mostly files with .zip attachments - saying my username and password are attached - it's come from half a dozen different sources.

Whenever I see a burst like this, there is a very good chance someone found a new exploit and is milking it while it's hot...

or maybe my email got flagged for extra activity - either way, I recommend Thunderbird or some non-microsoft program for email at all times and watch what you download.

RB

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 08:53 PM
uh...no kidding?

daryn
11-21-2005, 08:54 PM
don't talk to strangers

give your halloween candy to mom first to check it

look both ways before crossing the street

istewart
11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or maybe my email got flagged for extra activity - either way, I recommend having lived in 1998 when this was made very clear to everyone who is not retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

B Dids
11-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Try not to hug things that are burning or pointy!

whiskeytown
it's just an FYI post - something I haven't seen in a while - a spike of new emails to that particular email address that wasn't spam but phishing attacks I hadn't seen before.

the fact these bastards still spread on a regular basis and cause havoc is living proof that there are still stupid people who download them, and I'm sure OOT has it's fair share. I'd also say betting on the stupidity of humanity, even on OOT, is a safe bet. That's how these guys make money and get passwords.

RB

[ QUOTE ]
don't talk to strangers

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot: Dont make a funny face or itll stay that way.

istewart
11-21-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
don't talk to strangers

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot: Dont make a funny face or itll stay that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not a funny face. He looks like a Halloween goblin freak with a broken neck.

B Dids
11-21-2005, 09:01 PM
OOT is dumb when it comes to things like "going outside" and "not drooling in public".

They've probably got the whole computer thing down ok.

Senor Cardgage
11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I've ever laughed this hard here.

whiskeytown
you forgot the part about trying to not get vomit on their shirts either when praying to the Porcelin God.

RB

TheBlueMonster
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
or maybe my email got flagged for extra activity - either way, I recommend having lived in 1998 when this was made very clear to everyone who is not retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I had the same reaction, but not as harsh.

Los Feliz Slim
11-21-2005, 09:04 PM
All I know is the CIA is absolutely relentless in pursuing my illegal website activity. I'm pretty sure a helicopter has been following me all day.

whiskeytown
11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
bingo....precisely what I mean...

saw three of those - including another one 5 min. ago -

updating my virus profiles now - I'm not catching anything in the .zip files at all - neither is my cable provider - which makes me really suspect.

I MAY save it to the HD, throw in a Knoppix Distro, and take a look, but I'm not in desktop security, and I really have no [censored] interest anymore in that stuff - in the day I enjoyed reverse engineering some of the stupid scripts though.

RB

11-21-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
bingo....precisely what I mean...

saw three of those - including another one 5 min. ago -

updating my virus profiles now - I'm not catching anything in the .zip files at all - neither is my cable provider - which makes me really suspect.

I MAY save it to the HD, throw in a Knoppix Distro, and take a look, but I'm not in desktop security, and I really have no [censored] interest anymore in that stuff - in the day I enjoyed reverse engineering some of the stupid scripts though.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

seeing as you are a fellow security dork, take a look at this:
http://lcamtuf.coredump.cx/tsafe/

How to crack safes/ATM codes using thermal imaging....just found it today

jacki
11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
watch what you download.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/175/249/1600/orly.jpg

jedi
11-21-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOT is dumb when it comes to things like "going outside" and "not drooling in public".

They've probably got the whole computer thing down ok.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget "talking to girls" and "eating thing that will make you vomit."

kipin
11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the information.

shant
11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
This has been a great thread so far.

11-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Don't touch a hot stove while you're at it.

astroglide
11-21-2005, 09:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

holy [censored] man, that was awesome

what a great thread

4_2_it
11-21-2005, 10:53 PM
Don't eat the yellow snow.

CrazyEyez
11-21-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
lol. I had the same reaction, but not as harsh.

[/ QUOTE ]
The kid gloves are off these days when it comes to ol' whiskeytown.

whiskeytown
11-21-2005, 11:25 PM
not only that...but when I take a swing back the posts get deleted....

Hard to get into a battle of wits/posts when the moderators are hypersensitive about you.

Either way, I've gotten a lot more compliments about the avatar then I've gotten insults. But anything that doesn't have juggling [censored] gets insulted in OOT these days.

RB

astroglide
11-21-2005, 11:28 PM
it wasn't me

Matt Flynn
11-22-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not only that...but when I take a swing back the posts get deleted....

Hard to get into a battle of wits/posts when the moderators are hypersensitive about you.

Either way, I've gotten a lot more compliments about the avatar then I've gotten insults. But anything that doesn't have juggling [censored] gets insulted in OOT these days.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Mods are deleting your responses? Sorry man. This is getting out of hand.

Where is [censored] when we need him to undelete your responses.

astroglide
11-22-2005, 12:15 AM
no moderator can undelete posts. how would anybody know that it shouldn't have been deleted anyway?

whiskeytown
11-22-2005, 12:17 AM
the easiest answer would be to repost it...if it vanishes again, we have someone else playing moderator

but I couldn't care less - I probalby hit preview and forgot to hit post - no biggie.

RB

diebitter
11-22-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I wake up this evening and I have 10 emails -

mostly files with .zip attachments - saying my username and password are attached - it's come from half a dozen different sources.

Whenever I see a burst like this, there is a very good chance someone found a new exploit and is milking it while it's hot...

or maybe my email got flagged for extra activity - either way, I recommend Thunderbird or some non-microsoft program for email at all times and watch what you download.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen. I'M Captain Obvious around here, okay....

Ulysses
11-22-2005, 03:46 AM
yeah, i think you are right, hackers are definitely taking advantage of a lot of new exploits and stuff lately. apparently my ebay, citibank, and visa accounts all got hacked somehow, but their security teams caught it, so they sent me emails and i just had to click on a link they sent me and fill out some details (just the standard acct info, old pw before hackers changed it, mother's maiden name verification, etc.) to reset all my account information and they are now going to send me new passwords and stuff. i'm not sure how this happened, but if they wouldn't have sent me those emails, i may have not noticed in time, as i don't check these accounts every day! glad to know their online security is working well.

Reef
11-22-2005, 04:18 AM
don't run with scissors

don't give drunken piggy back rides when there's ice on the ground

whiskeytown
11-22-2005, 05:01 AM
that sounds a lot like a password sniffer/trojan already on your PC - if they got three seperate accounts like that, your pc is probably the common denominator.

I'd consider a format/reinstall - either that or two virus scanners and every spyware/shareware you can come up with...

this is drifting into Computer Technical - I've gotten a PM or two tonight about stuff - so I won't get into it anymore, but yah - something is harvesting emails and sending .zip files to them - I've gotten the CIA, Nicole Richie/Paris Hilton pics...and who knows what else -

On a whim, I saved one to disk via thunderbird and examined the .zip file without executing - there's an executable in there - Symtemec still sees nothing, even on my HD scanned - and I'm not gonna RUN the executable to find out...

I think it may be time to retire that particular email anyways - had it for 5 years, and after 2 or 3 they get real cluttered.

RB

Blarg
11-22-2005, 05:43 AM
To continue a theme in this thread:

You do NOT get a "flavor explosion" when you gnaw through electrical cords.

diebitter
11-22-2005, 05:46 AM
Okay, given this is the march of the Obvious Legion...

The use of the word 'literally' for emphasis is incorrect.
Saying 'I was so excited, my head literally exploded' cannot be a literal truth for 2 reasons (a) there's no known cases of this, and (b) you're around to say the statement, so your head is still intact.

Unfortunately.

11-22-2005, 05:59 AM
You should have asked me to make this thread for you.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 07:25 AM
I got the Nicole Richie/Paris Hilton and FBI version.

Also a couple of things with a return address like Postmaster@cox.net saying my e-mail couldn't be delivered. Not that I had sent one. Zip file attached to all of them.

whiskeytown
11-22-2005, 07:29 AM
appears to be a variant of the Sobig viri - the payload is familiar, but for some reason, the new one's being missed by Symantic - I'm sure they'll have one out for it later.

RB

vulturesrow
11-22-2005, 08:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i think you are right, hackers are definitely taking advantage of a lot of new exploits and stuff lately. apparently my ebay, citibank, and visa accounts all got hacked somehow, but their security teams caught it, so they sent me emails and i just had to click on a link they sent me and fill out some details (just the standard acct info, old pw before hackers changed it, mother's maiden name verification, etc.) to reset all my account information and they are now going to send me new passwords and stuff. i'm not sure how this happened, but if they wouldn't have sent me those emails, i may have not noticed in time, as i don't check these accounts every day! glad to know their online security is working well.

[/ QUOTE ]

NH. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

diebitter
11-22-2005, 08:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, sorry to spoil this one, it is funny, but just be clear, I'm sure El D. is joking here.

NEVER fill in details on links sent by emails. NEVER. Go to the real sites and do stuff, sure, but NEVER follow email links and do this. You will be telling the bad guys your stuff.

Sorry for treading on the joke El D., but I just know some OOTers will take it at face.

ChipWrecked
11-22-2005, 08:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay, sorry to spoil this one, it is funny, but just be clear, I'm sure El D. is joking here.

NEVER fill in details on links sent by emails. NEVER. Go to the real sites and do stuff, sure, but NEVER follow email links and do this. You will be telling the bad guys your stuff.

Sorry for treading on the joke El D., but I just know some OOTers will take it at face.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email from Ebay or Paypal will NEVER contain html graphics. They are plain text only.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
that sounds a lot like a password sniffer/trojan already on your PC - if they got three seperate accounts like that, your pc is probably the common denominator.

[/ QUOTE ]

This better be a joke. If not, I recommend you unplug your computer right now and go throw it in a dumpster.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 09:05 AM
Some people are thinking Diablo is making a sick and extraordinarily ill-considered "joke" here, which also fits right in with some pretty stupid notions of what funny is, and some people are taking him at his word and responding seriously. The way it's worded doesn't make it slam dunk clear which way to take it. It's disturbing no matter which way you take it.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 09:29 AM
Come on, Blarg - El D's sarcasm burns so hot in that post, you can almost feel it.

Ulysses
11-22-2005, 03:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some people are thinking Diablo is making a sick and extraordinarily ill-considered "joke" here, which also fits right in with some pretty stupid notions of what funny is, and some people are taking him at his word and responding seriously. The way it's worded doesn't make it slam dunk clear which way to take it. It's disturbing no matter which way you take it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disturbing? Sick? Ill-considered?

Give me a break.

Let me state things another way. Anyone who is gullible enough to give away their financial information to phishing attacks needs to learn some common sense about how the Internet and email works before moving on to advanced topics like posting on online forums.

The same goes for people who receive random emails talking about Anna Kournikova pics and run the attached executable or receive emails from the "FBI" and run the attached executable full of "important questions." Same also goes for people who send a lot of money to Nigeria so they can be transferred some deposed monarch's fortune.

And if kids are going to read on here that they don't have to worry about getting a girl pregnant if she is on top and believe it, well, no I don't really care what happens to those stupid mfers.

I guess I don't have a lot of caring in my heart for stupid people. Sorry.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 03:36 PM
see? burning sarcasm.

Dominic
11-22-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Disturbing? Sick? Ill-considered?

Give me a break.

Let me state things another way. Anyone who is gullible enough to give away their financial information to phishing attacks needs to learn some common sense about how the Internet and email works before moving on to advanced topics like posting on online forums.

The same goes for people who receive random emails talking about Anna Kournikova pics and run the attached executable or receive emails from the "FBI" and run the attached executable full of "important questions." Same also goes for people who send a lot of money to Nigeria so they can be transferred some deposed monarch's fortune.

And if kids are going to read on here that they don't have to worry about getting a girl pregnant if she is on top and believe it, well, no I don't really care what happens to those stupid mfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "thinning the herd," and I wholeheartedly agree.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Either Blarg just proved that he's everybody favorite poster by hoodwinking all of us, or he just proved that he's not by missing a real obvious joke.

Alchemist
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called "thinning the herd," and I wholeheartedly agree.

[/ QUOTE ] Ironically in this last case, it's quite the opposite.

kipin
11-22-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Either Blarg just proved that he's everybody favorite poster by hoodwinking all of us, or he just proved that he's not by missing a real obvious joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg this, Blarg that.

Before the favorite thread post I had never even noticed his presence, and couldn't match up his name to any thoughts.

Anyone else experience this phenomenon?

offTopic
11-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Don't sweat petty things.

Don't pet sweaty things.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Blarg's status was raised then El Diablo noted that he was one of his favorite posters. I agree he has been mostly unremarkable, but does give pretty solid advice at times.

Blarg
11-22-2005, 03:52 PM
"I hope someone gets hurt" is just not one of my favorite sentiments, what can I say. As laff riots go, it's a miss.

Clearly some people took what he said at face value. Erring on the side of not making things worse is better than any alternatives.

I realize that giving a f*ck is completely uncool. I realize that differentiating between the ignorant and between stupid mf'ers who should all go to hell and die or something is a big mistake according to OOT standards. And that there's no arguing such matters. That's fine. Can't expect everybody to agree on everything, and it's not very important that they do.

daryn
11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
the way i saw it, it's not about "not caring about people" but it's just that it's so obvious..

in other words if i made a post that said:

WARNING, DO NOT STICK METAL OBJECTS INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLETS.. VERY DANGEROUS SHOCK COULD OCCUR, TELL ALL UR FRIENDS!

well, you get the picture

kipin
11-22-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the way i saw it, it's not about "not caring about people" but it's just that it's so obvious..

in other words if i made a post that said:

WARNING, DO NOT STICK METAL OBJECTS INTO ELECTRICAL OUTLETS.. VERY DANGEROUS SHOCK COULD OCCUR, TELL ALL UR FRIENDS!

well, you get the picture

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be amazed that your shift key actually works.

astroglide
11-22-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Before the favorite thread post I had never even noticed his presence, and couldn't match up his name to any thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a dominating presence in threads related to nutrition/fitness/martial arts and tends to be very verbose

B Dids
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
I think you missed the point of the humor in this thread.

It's not "it's funny when people to get hurt" it's "it's funny that whiskeytown is advising against doing stuff that everybody on the forum (save Boris I guess) clearly knows not to do.

We are not laughing at people getting hurt, we are laughing at a poster being dumb!

Ulysses
11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
There's an important distinction between hoping someone ignorant gets hurt and not really giving a damn if they do.

asofel
11-22-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This better be a joke. If not, I recommend you unplug your computer right now and go throw it in a dumpster.

[/ QUOTE ]

was thinkin the same thing....

swede123
11-22-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Don't pet sweaty things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to dispute this part of your post. For example, I'd like to pet this all day and all night long.

NSFW (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/5a2_leeann_tweeden04.jpg)

kipin
11-22-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't pet sweaty things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to dispute this part of your post. For example, I'd like to pet this all day and all night long.

NSFW (http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/jonasola/5a2_leeann_tweeden04.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd rather pet the chick.

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 04:32 PM
Where's Idi the Nigerian? I am sure he can clear this whole mess up and get us all a piece of the $15 million left behind by that dead oil tycoon.

B Dids
11-22-2005, 04:57 PM
That's water!

ddubois
11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree he has been mostly unremarkable

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] you. 1 Blarg is worth about 100 Dids in OOT content. If I need someone to add some grouchy, high-horse, non-contributing nit comments to a thread, you are the man. Don't call us, we'll call you.

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree he has been mostly unremarkable

[/ QUOTE ]
[censored] you. 1 Blarg is worth about 100 Dids in OOT content. If I need someone to add some grouchy, high-horse, non-contributing nit comments to a thread, you are the man. Don't call us, we'll call you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Per post Blarg wins (content wise); per word it's close. Do you see why?

diebitter
11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Blarg is an excellent poster. El D. is fine too, but I did what I did to short-circuit the joke cos I do feel sorry for n00bs and people that are ignorant of phishing etc, and would be unaware of the joke.

Can we all just stop being immature about all this so I can get back to my cartoons?

ddubois
11-22-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
per word it's close

[/ QUOTE ]
We can agree to disagree, because I don't think we'll agree on "it's not close, at all, and if you think it is, you are retarded".

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
per word it's close

[/ QUOTE ]
We can agree to disagree, because I don't think we'll agree on "it's not close, at all, and if you think it is, you are retarded".

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no opinion, I don't really rate posters or get into this. I just like joshing Blarg on the length of his posts.

Slow Play Ray
11-22-2005, 06:31 PM
I generally try to stay out of these stupid flame wars, but I would just like to point out that I almost always enjoy both El Diablo's and Blarg's posts.

Joe Tall
11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to tell you this my friend but the online world does not work this way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they stupid or uneducated?

B Dids
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
FWIW, I don't dislike Blarg at all, nor do I profess to be any better or worse of a poster, I was mostly just pointing out that nobody really made note of him until El D did, which is pretty much par for the course around these parts.

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I don't dislike Blarg at all, nor do I profess to be any better or worse of a poster, I was mostly just pointing out that nobody really made note of him until El D did, which is pretty much par for the course around these parts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats not true Dids. Remember you took an OOT vacation for a while.

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think this is true at all. when did diablo note him?

B Dids
11-22-2005, 06:48 PM
I did?

I stopped posting because I had nothing to say, but I never really stopped reading. Maybe I claimed I was going to or something. It could be that Blarg was just really awesome in threads that I didn't read. Very possible I'm wrong.

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did?

I stopped posting because I had nothing to say, but I never really stopped reading. Maybe I claimed I was going to or something. It could be that Blarg was just really awesome in threads that I didn't read. Very possible I'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you did? Meh. It's a discussion about nothing. Blarg's post have been recognized for quite some time as pretty good. Like, people stop in the middle of the thread to say "jesus, you're good". In fact, in the ill fated king of OOT thread(s) it looked to be swede, blarg, patrick and mayyyybe el diablo in the final four.

<font color="white"> I claim to not care about such things, but I was sure I'd win that [censored] thing when I bought all you fuckers lunch.</font>

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-22-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should post here or not, because I only really skimmed this thread and I don't want to come off as being on any particular side of some flame war, but I do think you've just missed him somehow. He does manage to fly a bit under the radar, but Blarg's a great poster. He's pretty much dead on with just about every post he makes.

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know if I should post here or not, because I only really skimmed this thread and I don't want to come off as being on any particular side of some flame war, but I do think you've just missed him somehow. He does manage to fly a bit under the radar, but Blarg's a great poster. He's pretty much dead on with just about every post he makes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once you read it, you'll realize there's no flame war. Why, want to start one pussy?

Eurotrash
11-22-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'm with you on this one, Dids. i really don't remember when, but it just seemed like Blarg blew up as some kind of overnight OOT sensation. he's a good poster I suppose, but a lot of his posts tend to be too lengthy/wise/serious for my preference.

diebitter
11-22-2005, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...In fact, in the ill fated king of OOT thread(s) it looked to be swede, blarg, patrick and mayyyybe el diablo in the final four.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say run this [censored] again. My game has upped since the last run.

Eurotrash
11-22-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...In fact, in the ill fated king of OOT thread(s) it looked to be swede, blarg, patrick and mayyyybe el diablo in the final four.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember having 2nd fewest aggregate votes (2nd to Swede) in that thread, where's the love? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 06:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he's a good poster I suppose, but a lot of his posts tend to be too lengthy/wise/serious for my preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how this is a bad thing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

off topic, do you think a GO ELY owl is a possibility to rival the GO PHLY owl or is that just too big a stretch? Eli does not rhyme with really so I guess not. the phly one is my favorite (even ahead of the wheel of fortune one) and it sucks that its not only not my favorite team but my teams rival.

swede123
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...In fact, in the ill fated king of OOT thread(s) it looked to be Dominic , blarg, patrick and mayyyybe el diablo in the final four.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

1. No, these things suck.

and

2. No, it really hasn't.

<font color="white">i kid, i kid </font>

diebitter
11-22-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to remember having 2nd fewest aggregate votes (2nd to Swede) in that thread, where's the love? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, but this time, let's make it 'who do you want to stay in' rather than 'out', cos that just lets the low-fliers who noone remembers proceed...

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-22-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and

2. No, it really hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh SNAP!

Eurotrash
11-22-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's a good poster I suppose, but a lot of his posts tend to be too lengthy/wise/serious for my preference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like how this is a bad thing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

off topic, do you think a GO ELY owl is a possibility to rival the GO PHLY owl or is that just too big a stretch? Eli does not rhyme with really so I guess not. the phly one is my favorite (even ahead of the wheel of fortune one) and it sucks that its not only not my favorite team but my teams rival.

[/ QUOTE ]

hah, I think a go Eli one would be a shameless ripoff and would suck pretty hard. just enjoy the fact that your team isn't 4-6 and let me have my Phly owl /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

diebitter
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and

2. No, it really hasn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

That so aids ...<font color="white">i kid, i kid </font>...

Eurotrash
11-22-2005, 07:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, but this time, let's make it 'who do you want to stay in' rather than 'out', cos that just lets the low-fliers who noone remembers proceed...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you didn't.

IndieMatty
11-22-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he did.

Edit: I just looked back at the post. It was Swede, Euro, me and Shant. Christ, that's a damn fine group of posters right there.

Patrick del Poker Grande
11-22-2005, 07:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no you didn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh he did.

[/ QUOTE ]
I propose a dance-off.

InchoateHand
11-22-2005, 07:10 PM
I always watch what I download from email, 'cause the text does nothing for me. I'm a visual masturbator.

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I always watch what I download from email, 'cause the text does nothing for me. I'm a visual masturbator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I had better find the link to the pic of you flexing for the middle school yearbook, because if that imageshack file dies it would definitely lead to a dry spell for me in that department.

ddubois
11-22-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Dids is referring to this posted (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=3575917&amp;S earchpage=1&amp;Main=3575324&amp;Words=%2BBlarg+El+Diablo&amp; topic=&amp;Search=true#Post3575917) dated 10/4/05. However, the theory that Blarg was unremarkable before, besides being an insult to the man - nay, OOT itself - is easily disproven. Just do a search on +Blarg from range X years ago until 50 days ago, and you'll see lots of "Blarg is a damn genius", "can I be Blarg's official lackey?", "Blarg = my favorite poster without an avatar", even back into the archive server "Blarg said it best" and "the quality ratio of blarg's posts is so freakin high". My recognition of Blarg's awesomeness (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=28563 08&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=2854802&amp;Words=+ddubois&amp;topic= &amp;Search=true#Post2856308) was in no way some sort of El Diablo band wagoning.

JihadOnTheRiver
11-22-2005, 07:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

post count &lt;&gt; game

Ulysses
11-22-2005, 07:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I did?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you did? Meh. It's a discussion about nothing. Blarg's post have been recognized for quite some time as pretty good. Like, people stop in the middle of the thread to say "jesus, you're good". In fact, in the ill fated king of OOT thread(s) it looked to be swede, blarg, patrick and mayyyybe el diablo in the final four.

<font color="white"> I claim to not care about such things, but I was sure I'd win that [censored] thing when I bought all you fuckers lunch.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

I was on hiatus then. I am back to clear #1 again.

Ulysses
11-22-2005, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to tell you this my friend but the online world does not work this way.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they stupid or uneducated?

[/ QUOTE ]

Joe, you are a much nicer guy than me, that is for sure.

As to your question, to fall for most of this crap, probably a bit of both.

Voltron87
11-22-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Dids is referring to this posted (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=3575917&amp;S earchpage=1&amp;Main=3575324&amp;Words=%2BBlarg+El+Diablo&amp; topic=&amp;Search=true#Post3575917) dated 10/4/05. However, the theory that Blarg was unremarkable before, besides being an insult to the man - nay, OOT itself - is easily disproven. Just do a search on +Blarg from range X years ago until 50 days ago, and you'll see lots of "Blarg is a damn genius", "can I be Blarg's official lackey?", "Blarg = my favorite poster without an avatar", even back into the archive server "Blarg said it best" and "the quality ratio of blarg's posts is so freakin high". My recognition of Blarg's awesomeness (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=exchange&amp;Number=28563 08&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=2854802&amp;Words=+ddubois&amp;topic= &amp;Search=true#Post2856308) was in no way some sort of El Diablo band wagoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

it was obvious and duly noted by a handful of OOTers that blarg was a top quality poster well before that. im sure when diablo issued that edict the level of love increased, as is expected, but it well over zero before that.

whiskeytown
11-22-2005, 09:58 PM
worst worm of the year...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10162734/

you heard it here 24 hrs. before the news media -

and since the whole point of the post wasn't to warn people to not open email, but to alert OOT of a new threat - it should have had a few posts and not much else - instead it's a great ol' circle jerk amongst people who think they know [censored] when they can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

so buzz off.

RB

daryn
11-22-2005, 11:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
worst worm of the year...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10162734/

you heard it here 24 hrs. before the news media -

and since the whole point of the post wasn't to warn people to not open email, but to alert OOT of a new threat - it should have had a few posts and not much else - instead it's a great ol' circle jerk amongst people who think they know [censored] when they can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

so buzz off.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

vindication baby!

Skipbidder
11-22-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't run with scissors

don't give drunken piggy back rides when there's ice on the ground

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because a bulldog licks your face, it's not necessary to lick him back.

GuyOnTilt
11-23-2005, 12:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd consider a format/reinstall - either that or two virus scanners and every spyware/shareware you can come up with...

this is drifting into Computer Technical - I've gotten a PM or two tonight about stuff - so I won't get into it anymore, but yah - something is harvesting emails and sending .zip files to them - I've gotten the CIA, Nicole Richie/Paris Hilton pics...and who knows what else -

On a whim, I saved one to disk via thunderbird and examined the .zip file without executing - there's an executable in there - Symtemec still sees nothing, even on my HD scanned - and I'm not gonna RUN the executable to find out...

I think it may be time to retire that particular email anyways - had it for 5 years, and after 2 or 3 they get real cluttered.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow. I thought your OP was pretty stupid, but this response to Diablo is just beyond retarded.

GoT

fluxrad
11-23-2005, 12:20 AM
Holy mary mother of god this thread needs to die.

whiskeytown
11-23-2005, 12:32 AM
why is why putting another post in it and bumping it to the top would be rather stupid of you.

RB

dogsballs
11-23-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
don't talk to strangers

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

daryn, you're still one of my favourite posters.