PDA

View Full Version : General strategy for rebuy tournaments help

Buckster_uk
11-21-2005, 08:34 PM
I might play the $3 rebuy on Stars later for a bit of fun, what is the general kind of strategy to adopt? Tight early?

Also, how much do you put forward to each rebuy tournament?

I have been told to rebuy immediately and then take the add on, so roughly 3 times the buy in seems the general idea, that correct? Obviously people rebuy for fun.

Tcchap
11-22-2005, 11:41 AM
i played in the stars $3re-buy for the first time last night, it is interesting to say the least. Alot of all ins for the first hour. Some really bad all ins too. I think the strategy has to be to call a first hour all in with jj-aa and AQo-AK. It was pretty fun but the first hour is crazy. You probably need @ 20,000 to be comfortable starting out after the rebuys. Play tightens up considerably which is to be expected. One other nice thing, they started a new payout system last night and payed the top 351 out of @1850 entrants.

Rick Diesel
11-22-2005, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i played in the stars $3re-buy for the first time last night, it is interesting to say the least. Alot of all ins for the first hour. Some really bad all ins too. I think the strategy has to be to call a first hour all in with jj-aa and AQo-AK. It was pretty fun but the first hour is crazy. You probably need @ 20,000 to be comfortable starting out after the rebuys. Play tightens up considerably which is to be expected. One other nice thing, they started a new payout system last night and payed the top 351 out of @1850 entrants.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you want to get to 20k at the first break, then your range of hands to call an all-in preflop with is WAY too small. If you want to build a monster stack early in this tournament, you have to be willing to gamble, A LOT!