PDA

View Full Version : I want money.

brazilio
11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Party 5/10.

Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif

<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, some folds, a tight TAG coldcalls (what), BB comes along.

Flop is K/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, TAG hesitates for a second and raises..., BB folds

What's my plan here? I just thought of check/calling the turn and gaybetting the river. That's 2BB and he has to call (the river). It's pretty obvious what he's on, and I'm way ahead of it. Sorry if this is stupid, I'm gay for an extra SB.

admiralfluff
11-21-2005, 07:30 PM
are we assuming BB folded?

[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty obvious what he's on, and I'm way ahead of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm. I think he has KQ a fair amount of the time.

I still like your plan though.

aba20
11-21-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda thought he had 55-77 and thinks his hand may be best.

11-21-2005, 07:32 PM
I dont know what he has. You tell me. It looks like a pp between 8-Q but its strange since he didnt 3-bet. I would probably play it as you suggested and I would call a raise on the river.
edit: He can have KQ-KJ imo.

admiralfluff
11-21-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kinda thought he had 55-77 and thinks his hand may be best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a smaller pp is the "obvious" hand brazilio was referring to in the OP. I just wanted to point out that a CC from KQs, or even KQo would be possible from a tight TAG here, so we are still behind some of the time.

wheelz
11-21-2005, 07:37 PM
looks good

brazilio
11-21-2005, 07:37 PM
He's got a pocket pair, JJ-55 most likely. He's too tight to coldcall with KJo, and at 19/8 or so after 100 hands I'd say he's too tight to even coldcall with KQo. KQs perhaps. Think his hesitation just cemented the deal.

11-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I agree with everything except [ QUOTE ]
Think his hesitation just cemented the deal.

[/ QUOTE ] When I play my hesitation might be that I am finishing reading someone's post. Am involved in a big pot or two at other tables. Or just sprinted back from running to the bathroom. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

wheelz
11-21-2005, 07:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or just sprinted back from running to the bathroom. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

after coldcalling a preflop raise? if your "bathroom" is a bottle on your desk, maybe...

Chairman Wood
11-21-2005, 07:54 PM
How aggresive is he postflop? Any chance you could squezze a c/r in at the end? Would he call it? Just an idea. FWIW, your idea seems best.

brazilio
11-21-2005, 08:05 PM
Once I raised and call the turn, he has to expect that I'm on TT-QQ. I don't think a river c/r has merit because he'll bet it so rarely, and he'll never call it.

CanKid
11-21-2005, 08:07 PM
I call then c/r the turn alot of the time, but I also do it with non pair hands like AQ/AJ to keep a balance. My first instinct is he has 66-88.

Victor
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
whats wrong with 3betting and leading all streets? can he really get away from a pair here?

if so i def like your line.

wheelz
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
then do it with AQ/AJ if you think this tight TAG will fold, but why make him fold a 2 outer when you could check/call and get an extra bet on the river?

Subfallen
11-21-2005, 08:33 PM
If I'm Villain and I have 77 here, a turn bet is the last of my money going into the pot.

brazilio
11-21-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm Villain and I have 77 here, a turn bet is the last of my money going into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Most TAGs will call a river gaybet. Because it's gay.

Spicymoose
11-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Why not check raise the turn? He may not call your river bet anyways, and he may be too stubborn to fold to the turn check raise.

kurosh
11-21-2005, 09:20 PM
I like calling the raise, calling a turn bet and leading the river.

Lmn55d
11-21-2005, 09:22 PM
there's no way a TAG is more likely to call a turn raise than a river donkbet with a hand hero beats. Furthermore there is a good chance he won't raise the river if he does indeed have KQ. His range contains a lot more pocket pairs than it does better hands so the optimal line depends on what will induce a call down most frequently. I think hero's proposed line is optimal against most tags. Against those who can't fold, 3betting the flop is probably best. Against those who REALLY can't fold, checkraising the turn is probably best.

Stinkybeaver
11-21-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Or just sprinted back from running to the bathroom. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I Hate this since you try to find a dull moment and then you run like hell only to come back and see your aces heading for the muck b/c of timeout.

Anyways I Like your line Check/call and throw a gaybet right in his face on the river.

kross
11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like calling the raise, calling a turn bet and leading the river.

[/ QUOTE ]