PDA

View Full Version : T2s in the BB

Somekid
11-21-2005, 06:13 PM
Is my call PF fine? And if it is fine, is it very clear or somewhat marginal. The raiser was a TAG with a PFR of about 15, the other two players were extremely loose (not sure abut aggression).

What about the flop call?

I think my play in the hand is good but only marginally profitable. In this spot, could I call with pretty much anything?

PartyPoker - $3/$6 Texas - 6 players (Converter: PGC (http://client.pokergrader.com))

Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif

PreFlop
<font color="red">UTG RAISES</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>, <font color="blue">Button folds</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>

(4 players) FLOP: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 4.00 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">UTG checks</font>, <font color="red">CO BETS</font>
<font color="green">SB Calls</font>, <font color="green">Hero Calls</font>, <font color="blue">UTG folds</font>

(3 players) TURN: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ( Pot Size: 5.50 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="green">Hero checks</font>, <font color="green">CO checks</font>

(3 players) RIVER: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ( Pot Size: 5.50 BB )
<font color="green">SB checks</font>, <font color="red">Hero BETS</font>, <font color="green">CO Calls</font>
<font color="blue">SB folds</font>

Final Pot:7.50 BB

irishpint
11-21-2005, 06:52 PM
bueno, me thinks. 7:1 pf w/ 2 suited is fine in my opinion.

aba20
11-21-2005, 06:57 PM
I usually just fold preflop. It is close but I am usually multitabling so I don't want to think about really close tough decisions. I would also fold if you don't have excellant posflop reads on opponents as you may end up paying off better hands.

jba
11-21-2005, 07:29 PM
no one else thinks the flop call is a bit thin?

StellarWind
11-21-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
10-1 with a board pair and two backdoors versus a suspicious bet? That's giving up much too easy.

I'd be very tempted to stick a bet in on the turn to avoid the free card. You might even get lucky and knockout a better two or a small pocket pair. For example if you bet and CO calls with some draw it will be very hard for SB to continue with 33 versus two active opponents.

Getting raised would be unfortunate but it won't happen every often versus most opponents and the bet might come back on the river. If you checkcall the turn and it goes heads up then you are getting 8.5-1 to call heads up on the river when the third club doesn't come. But if you get raised on the turn you'll know you don't need to pay that off.

This is all very read-sensitive of course and I wouldn't do it against just anyone.

jba
11-21-2005, 08:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
10-1 with a board pair and two backdoors versus a suspicious bet? That's giving up much too easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am reading it as 7-1?

i'm an idiot -- not used to the format of this converter.. sorry

sthief09
11-21-2005, 08:57 PM
wow does that converter suck

Spicymoose
11-21-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'd be very tempted to stick a bet in on the turn to avoid the free card. You might even get lucky and knockout a better two or a small pocket pair. For example if you bet and CO calls with some draw it will be very hard for SB to continue with 33 versus two active opponents.

Getting raised would be unfortunate but it won't happen every often versus most opponents and the bet might come back on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think a turn bet might be ok. You are advocating calling a raise though? What rivers, if any, are you calling UI?

Spicymoose
11-21-2005, 09:24 PM
Given how you played, I like checking the river. You almost definetly arn't getting a better hand to fold, and you are rarely getting value out of a worse hand. Why not induce a bet from CO? If SB calls COs bet, I think you can safely fold.

Somekid
11-21-2005, 10:00 PM
I think betting the river has a lot of value. The Q could scare people into checking down. Also, why would I ever fold here?

Spicymoose
11-21-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, why would I ever fold here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. I sure do suck at reading the board.

I blame it on the converter!

Ignore all my previous posts.