PDA

View Full Version : Trader Joe's

Slow Play Ray
11-21-2005, 06:06 PM
Has anyone tried their branded frozen foods? Today I stopped in for the first time, and I grabbed their shepherd's pie and chicken and bean burritos. Thoughts?

wayabvpar
11-21-2005, 06:07 PM
I am a big fan of their fresh (not frozen) stuff- sushi, pizzas, tamales, etc. They have a bunch of solid frozen choices as well. I /images/graemlins/heart.gif Trader Joe's.

Freakin
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
I lived off their fettucine alfredo for a while... the portion is kinda small, but if you add some of their "just grilled" frozen chicken you have a really good meal in under 10 minutes...

Their meatballs are really good too.

Damn, I really like their food a lot

astroglide
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
they don't make their branded foods, it's just redbadged stuff from other companies.

sheperd's pie is ok but the top is a pretty boring mashed potato thing. burritos in general are just ok, i like amy's straight bean and cheese burritos better.

if you're doing lunch food, try the frozen bowls. chicken vindaloo and tandoori chicken with spinach are both very good. shrimp with red curry is good too, but there isn't very much sauce so it's more of a "white rice meal".

for dinner, the turkey stromboli is excellent. pick up a jar of garlic marinara or bolognese sauce to dip. mediterranean pizza is very good too, as are the rebadged amy's organic pizzas (e.g. spinach and feta, pesto vegetable).

shant
11-21-2005, 06:16 PM
I like their frozen Thai dishes, and their frozen microwaveable brown rice is good too.