PDA

View Full Version : set heads up... tell me how to play this better!

stealyourface
11-21-2005, 05:34 PM
I have been running over the table for an hour or so, LAGing it up. The table has broken up and it is now heads up. My opponent is unremarkable and seems like he has been waiting to take a stand against me.

I have raised like 7 of the last 10 hands preflop.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 2 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Button ($69.55)
Hero ($93.15)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. Button posts a blind of $0.50.
[color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $2.25</font>, Button (poster) calls $2.

Flop: ($5) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls $3.

Turn: ($11) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6.

River: ($23) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $10</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $30</font>, Hero calls $20.

Final Pot: $83

Is this line ok? should i be check calling the river? should i be betting more on the turn?

11-21-2005, 05:36 PM
This is played fine. Check calling and bet folding the river are options depending on your read of your opponent but there is nothing wrong your line absent reads.

11-21-2005, 05:38 PM
I would've bet more on the flop and turn, and possibly reraise the river, depending on villain. I definitely call the raise on the river.

11-21-2005, 06:29 PM
This looks fine to me, im by no means an expert but i have been playing a lot of heads up lately. Personally i would raise it more on the flop as well as the turn. The river is in insta call in my book maybe even a reraise, especially given the fact that you have been playing LAG.

lautzutao
11-21-2005, 06:32 PM
Heads up I'd probably be reraising this on the river. A set is a monster here...

I also probably would have led out with a slight larger raise on the turn and river as well, but if you're normally leading out with 1/2 pot bets then forget what I said/images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerjoker
11-21-2005, 06:33 PM
Looks fine. I am never folding a set in HU unless there is 4 to a flush/straight or I have a REALLY good read that tells me I am beat.

stealyourface
11-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the replies, glad i didn't misplay it.

Anyways, villian shows QdJd for the flush and MHING.

I can't believe he didn't try to get more money in on the flop with such a monster draw. Well i guess that is whats to be expected at 50NL.

elus2
11-21-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heads up I'd probably be reraising this on the river. A set is a monster here...

I also probably would have led out with a slight larger raise on the turn and river as well, but if you're normally leading out with 1/2 pot bets then forget what I said/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

reraising the river is a bad idea given board texture. give credit for the flush or a stone cold bluff.