PDA

View Full Version : 97 sooted

11-21-2005, 04:47 PM
No reads here. Love it or hate it?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 8 BB, between BB and Hero.</font>

W. Deranged
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Fold pre-flop. Open-limping in middle position is almost never correct. Similarly, playing suited one-gappers in dry pots without great position is almost never correct.

Post-flop I think you played the hand fine. I have a hard time folding to the river donk-bet as it is too weird, though obviously this is the kind of decision that requires a read. I'll look it up in a decent sized pot against an unknown, though.

11-21-2005, 04:53 PM
Preflop limp is terrible. 9 high is certainly not the best hand. If you are going to play it, you might as well raise preflop, but given the looseness of this game I would just muck it.

Post flop i like how you played it.

11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
Yea I would like to add that limping here is not standard for me. These 2 guys behind me were pretty passive, so I figured I would give it a shot.

deetle
11-21-2005, 05:01 PM
I think you played it fine. the river bet by villin is odd. Since he was the BB and you had no read 6/8 for the made strait? Im calling here also and taking notes on what he had.
Also I think I fold preflop OOP here but I don't play alot of 6max so im not sure how standard a limp or fold is

krimson
11-21-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea I would like to add that limping here is not standard for me. These 2 guys behind me were pretty passive, so I figured I would give it a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're overvaluing your one-gapper, and undervaluing the fact that you will be out of position against the loose passives for the rest of the hand.

gopnik
11-21-2005, 05:17 PM
don't like your preflop call, but river call is really read dependent.

11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're overvaluing your one-gapper, and undervaluing the fact that you will be out of position against the loose passives for the rest of the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am in position. I am playing against a SB and BB.

11-21-2005, 06:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't like your preflop call, but river call is really read dependent.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think so? Unless my opponent is very passive I am calling this without a second thought.

gopnik
11-23-2005, 11:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You think so? Unless my opponent is very passive I am calling this without a second thought.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you think BB is betting that you beat? A pair of 4s?
You have showed a lot of strangth the whole hand, so unless you have a read that BB loves to make bad bluffs, you need to fold.

winky51
11-23-2005, 11:45 AM
Raise or fold preflop. I tend to fold since this is a drawing hand.

As for the rest of it, well you are probably beat on the river. But this depends on your opponent and your image at the table.