PDA

View Full Version : forget 'bots....computer assisted live players...

whiskeytown
06-30-2003, 11:06 AM
We're hearing all this crap about 'bots...and what can be done to prevent them...but what about computer assisted live players?

Primo example. I personally (as well as many a player on 2+2) has used Wilson's Turbo Texas Holdem. Certain profiles on there are very tough - Bret Mavrick comes to mind /forums/images/icons/wink.gif - (great name for the tough profile) -

what if the advisor settings could be used so that you input every hand, and it tells you to raise, call, or fold...

as it is, playing limit, I used to cheat by using paper notes...LOL - I kept S&M's hand rankings on a notepad file on my comp. Ok, it ain't cheating, but SOME dumbasses think it is...anyways...if a computer program is written to give limit players an advantage without having to take over...it's gonna be brutal. On the other hand, once they get developed and take over the high limit games...they'll last a few weeks and bust out.

Because as we all know, in raked games, if you take 9 really good players and put them on the same table, the only players that win are the house...;)

NL, on the other hand (my personal preference these days) has too many things that can go wrong with it for a bot to function properly....bluffs, slowplays...all become much more profitable...and I doubt a bot can handle it...

RB