PDA

View Full Version : Hit set on a monotone flop, multi-way... line check!

Logik
11-21-2005, 04:14 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">SB ($28.05)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($22.15)</font>
<font color="#C00000">UTG ($21.45)</font>
MP ($6.15)
Button ($22.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $0.25, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, UTG calls $0.75, Button calls $0.75, SB calls $0.75.

I have been raising to $1.00 with a wide range of hands from AA to 72 offsuit, so I didn't want to change that and have them be suspicious of me actually having a hand. Last time I raised to $1.50 with AA I got no callers, so I decided to keep more people in the pot and use my decent post-flop play to my advantage.

Flop: ($4) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, UTG calls $4, Button folds, SB calls $4.

I led here for full pot because if I lead for half pot here, there's a great chance that I will get bluff raised with someone holding the lone A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Naturally, the option was to pot it, and severely re-evaluate my hand if someone comes over the top. To my suprise I got two callers, and I am putting one of the two one the A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, probably UTG because he's tilting and trying to hit a big hand. He's blown through quite a few buy-ins.

Turn: ($16) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10, SB calls $10.

I give up. I just give up. Maybe I should have potted it here, but that's pretty much putting me all in. When I get two callers, I'm very unsure if my hand is good here. I still contend that at least ONE of them is on the A-high flush draw.

River: ($46) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks.

If they were on flush draws, they sure as hell aren't calling a third barrel. I check intending to call an all-in if necessary, but fully expect UTG to check with his missed flush draw into a 3-person field, who are relatively pot-committed at this point. A made flush would have pushed the turn.

Final Pot: $46

beavens
11-21-2005, 04:22 PM
i would push the turn.

11-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Push the turn or river, preferably the turn.

trumpman84
11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
Push the turn..if someone calls you with a flush, make a full house.

niko421
11-21-2005, 04:28 PM
check the river is correct. Too much danger... people calling with weak hands... I.E. QTo Qs, KQ, Ks... alot can hurt you ... jackals with 45s all call you down and don't bet... I think the check is good... the only ones calling are winning... what was the result

11-21-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check the river is correct. Too much danger... people calling with weak hands... I.E. QTo Qs, KQ, Ks... alot can hurt you ... jackals with 45s all call you down and don't bet... I think the check is good... the only ones calling are winning... what was the result

[/ QUOTE ]

You have $7 left in a $50 pot. You think two pair decides now is a good time to fold? What about top pair? Any pair?

You are getting called here and any hand that beats you is going to bet.

Bukem_
11-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Push turn, as played throw rest in on river.

4_2_it
11-21-2005, 04:38 PM
With the short stacks, you have to push that turn.

Logik
11-23-2005, 02:43 PM
In hindsight I believe that pushing the turn is the best line. However, as played, I think sticking it in on the river is heavily -EV because missed flush draws will muck and I don't think I'd extract much from a hand I'm beating.

UTG had A/images/graemlins/spade.gifx
SB had K/images/graemlins/spade.gifx

AKQJ10
11-23-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In hindsight I believe that pushing the turn is the best line. However, as played, I think sticking it in on the river is heavily -EV because missed flush draws will muck and I don't think I'd extract much from a hand I'm beating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree with both assertions.

Incidentally, if you put one of them on the nut flush draw, that means the other one can't be slowplaying the made nut flush. Of course slowplaying a small flopped flush against two opponents is foolish, but that doesn't mean people won't do it.