PDA

View Full Version : JJ in the BB - Foxwoods 1/2 hand

jhall23
11-21-2005, 03:38 PM
Pretty early in my session, probably 3rd orbit. I got KK early and re-raised a bad player to my right to 40 or 50 so I could push/call any flop. Despite 4 to a suit on board by the river (that I didn't have) my Kings held against his AJ or some crap.

The guy in the one seat seems like he is a LAG. I have seen him raise quite a bit PF and do things like call a flop bet and then bet when checked too on the next street. Others in this hand haven't done anything to give me a read yet.

I have about 175-200 and get JJ in the BB.

One seat (suspected LAG) limps UTG+1 as do 2 others. I bump it to 15. All the limpers call. I think everyone covers me here, at least S-LAG and 1 other did.

Flop (~60) 884r

I bet 45 ....

So far so good?

11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
I almost always bet half pot on a totally drawless board; this is a matter of convention. The preflop raise is debatable but I am in favour of it here given your weak opponents.

beavens
11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
i think i'd go ahead and pot size the bet.

Ghazban
11-21-2005, 04:19 PM
If you get called in one spot, your stack size and the pot are roughly equal on the turn. I'd rather bet a little more and then my turn push is more callable by worse pocket pairs. Another option would be to checkraise the flop all-in. People play so bad in that game I assume JJ is way the best hand here and am looking to double up more than to figure out where I'm at and/or get away cheaply.

jhall23
11-21-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you get called in one spot, your stack size and the pot are roughly equal on the turn. I'd rather bet a little more and then my turn push is more callable by worse pocket pairs. Another option would be to checkraise the flop all-in. People play so bad in that game I assume JJ is way the best hand here and am looking to double up more than to figure out where I'm at and/or get away cheaply.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah nice, I can't remember my exact stack size but I know it was somewhere in the range. I wanted to get the pot so that I could push the turn if called. Wasn't sure if I made it enough or not.

I was also wondering if anyone liked a c/r all in here as I considered it with relative position on the guy that seems to be the Laggiest. An odd move, but probably good at the Woods game.

I assume JJ is the best here most of the time too in this crazy game, but then I was thown a curveball.

S-Lag makes it 100 more into the field and everyone folds. He most definetly raises a big PP here PF so this is either air or an 8 most likely IMO. He has his head down and is staring at the felt, his hat is sheilding his face well.

Push? Fold?

lautzutao
11-21-2005, 05:14 PM
You should not go for a checkraise here. Your hand is vulnerable to overcards, you can't afford to give a free card.

If both players were to call this bet and a blank hits the turn I'd probably push.

Ghazban
11-22-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Push? Fold?

[/ QUOTE ]
Totally an in-the-moment read decision. From some people, that will be an 8 100% of the time; from others, that will never be an 8 because they always want to slowplay. Live reads and knowing who's who are crucial to this decision.

4_2_it
11-22-2005, 10:53 AM
Tough one. When in doubt I usually try to see what villain wants wants me to do and do the opposite. Since you were the only one there, you have to make a read and go will it. If you are wrong, you at least bought yourself an expensive read on villain.

TheWorstPlayer
11-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Yeah, this is fine. Just call all in on the flop or push the turn. Never fold an overpair here.