PDA

View Full Version : for those who moved from 5/10 to 10/20, did your VP$P and PFR change?

Wynton
11-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Just curious whether many of you noticed any particular changes in your VP$P and PFR% when you made the change, and whether you think the increased stakes had anything to do with it.

Not sure if I phrased the question correctly, but I'm trying to find out if people's stats changed, and if they did, whether they changed due to different game conditions or just because they made modifications to their own approaches.

Subby
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
Mine increased for the simple reason that I started paying attention to blind stealing and defense. I didn't pay a lick of attention to it at 5/10.

Poldi
11-21-2005, 03:37 PM
They changed a bit but not significantly.
Just play your old game and then try to adapt when you have some experience on the limit. Its easy to over-adapt in the start.

Wynton
11-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Any more votes?

wackjob
11-21-2005, 04:33 PM
I tightened up and played more conservatively my first 30K hands at 10/20 until I felt comfortable, then my stats were close to the same after that.

Danenania
11-21-2005, 04:45 PM
All other things being equal, your vpip should go up some because A.) you should complete more in the SB, B.) You should steal and defend more because of the larger SB and decreased effect of rake, and C.) You should defend more because your opponents are attempting to steal more.

BongRips
11-21-2005, 04:49 PM
I voted because the players are different, but that is not entirely correct. My approach also changed, I loosened up considerably in late positions, I started to steal more, defended more, and put an emphasis on isolation raising more, because people are raising much lighter. My changes had something to do with the game being different, but I play close to the same whenever I happen to be playing 5/10.

w_alloy
11-21-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]

All other things being equal, your vpip should go up some because A.) you should complete more in the SB, B.) You should steal and defend more because of the larger SB and decreased effect of rake, and C.) You should defend more because your opponents are attempting to steal more.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is partially mitigated by the facts that A) opponents are generally better and harder to outplay postflop, B) Players are much more aggresive preflop, meaning less chances to steal and being faced with 3 bets more often and C) more aggressive postflop enouraging stronger preflop hands to withstand the postflop action.

Mine went up a tad, like .3%-.5% for both.