PDA

View Full Version : Two theory questions(sort of)

aslowjoe
11-21-2005, 03:23 PM
opening round early positon raises to 80. Your late pos with AKo. You raise to 200. You get reraised to 400. Call or raise all in?

blinds 150/300. utg folds with a chip stack of 200.

Bttn 4500 raises all in. (he could be raising with any 2 because he knows that with utg all in on the next blind that it is unlikely that he will be called.)

SB 2500 KK

BB 800

I am in the sb and I call without hesitation. Bttn turns over 96o and I lose. No big deal and I am sure I did the right thing. My question here is what is the minimum that you would call here with.

xJMPx
11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
opening round early positon raises to 80. Your late pos with AKo. You raise to 200. You get reraised to 400. Call or raise all in?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have just called the original raise of 80 and saw a flop.

However, now you are looking at calling for half of your stack. I would either fold or push, I'm not committing half my stack and then getting pushed off the hand when I miss the flop.

This early, I'm leaning towards folding as you are most likely against a pocket pair that you are either a coinflip against or way behind. I don't think AQ/AJ is re-raising you here very often.

[ QUOTE ]
My question here is what is the minimum that you would call here with.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK is probably my minimum, QQ depending on my mood.

11-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi! Please retype the question. I am confused (not an unusual state of mind for me). /images/graemlins/confused.gif

11-21-2005, 03:40 PM
its two separate hands...

I agree with folding the first and KK for the second

Nicholasp27
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
first hand:

just call a raise with ak...u don't wanna get all-in vs pocket pair for a coinflip...once u raised and then he reraised to 400 u have to fold or push...u can't call 1/2 ur stack unless u are going to stop-and-go, but since u are in late position, u can't always s-and-g since he may bet before u...

in the 2nd one, i call with aa/kk only...i'm folding ak/qq/etc

11-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Thank you, sir!