PDA

View Full Version : Ok to limp with QQ or better?

11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
If a person was utg in an extremely LAG table. Pretty much referring to this on the lower limits because the tables can be so random. Would it ever be ok to limp with QQ KK or AA UTG and let your opponents do the betting for you until the later streets?

charlie_t_jr
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
You "might" want to do this with AA on a TIGHT table. But LAG, raise it up.

bozlax
11-21-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If a person was utg in an extremely LAG table. Pretty much referring to this on the lower limits because the tables can be so random. Would it ever be ok to limp with QQ KK or AA UTG and let your opponents do the betting for you until the later streets after they flop a low two pair?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp...sure, no worries.

jrz1972
11-21-2005, 03:25 PM
The L in LAG stands for Loose. No, I would never limp with big pockets in a loose game. Loose players love to coldcall, but they can't coldcall if I don't raise.

The only time I would limp UTG with one of these hands is if the game were very TAG and I had been seeing UTG raises taking down the blinds. Then I might *consider* limping as a variation play. This would never be my default line.

(I've open-limped with AA exactly once in ~125k hands, and some would argue that that's 1 time too many).

Redd
This is hard to debate because it's a universal declarative (I mean, there might be one time in a few million that it's appropriate), but I'm going with no as the short answer.

DCWildcat
Only if it's a table where no one will call your raise, but will raise if you limp.

If it's a laggy table, you'll get plenty of idiots in for lots of bets PF anyway, and you miss too much value by not betting etc.

[ QUOTE ]
If a person was utg in an extremely LAG table. Pretty much referring to this on the lower limits because the tables can be so random. Would it ever be ok to limp with QQ KK or AA UTG and let your opponents do the betting for you until the later streets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I say don't get fancy. Raise (and hopefully cap) to chase out the weak draws who may overlimp and call a LP raise and your 3-bet.

MrWookie47
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
Raise it up, especially if it's lag. The only reason to limp is if there was a maniac to your left who would raise every single time. If the table caught on and was frequently cold calling his raises (but may fold for 3), then you could LRR and profit. However, in 99.9% of tables even lag tables, you're better of just raising.

11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
alright thanks alot. didn't even take into account the fact that they cold call as well.