PDA

View Full Version : BB/SB Defense Problems

antifish225
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
I defend too much, I don’t defend enough? I am having a rough go in the blinds as I have begun to defend more – currently my stats are (all 6 max 5-10, 10-20)

Folded to SB steal: 85%
Folded to BB steal : 48%
Folded to BB steal HU: 42%

Question 1 – too tight or too lose?

Currently my ‘normal’ defending stats (which vary ALLOT on who is raising – this is my ‘unknown’ line):
BB
Re-raise with:
Pairs 88+
A8s+
ATo+
KQs

Call with
Pairs 88 and below
Any A suited or not
Any 2 cards 10+
Any 2 suited with a card over 9
Suited 2 gappers

Anything I am missing above?

Any and all thoughts welcome! AF

MrWookie47
11-21-2005, 04:33 PM
Your preflop play in the blinds is quite reasonable. You're probably getting killed postflop. Also, I know a lot of people realize this, but I'm going to mention it just in case: if you say you're getting killed in the blinds because you're losing money from that position in PT, this is wrong. Everyone loses money from the blinds because the blind committment is too large to overcome with expert play. If you've got that figured out, great, and now work on your blind play by replying to some of the hands that are posted here out of the blinds. See how your play stacks up to the play of others.

antifish225
11-21-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks - actually my stats in the blinds in terms of bb/h are not bad - -.12 in the BB, -.05 in the SB (I do THINK I play quite proficiently post flop - really that is where games are won or lost).

And I will take your advice and post some of my questionable hands to get some input!

I am just still a little 'unsure' sometimes, especially in the small blind as to the line between folding and re-raising (hands like JQs,. JTs, JKo) and am curious to hear other peoples ‘standard’ lines in the BB and SB…..Thanks