PDA

View Full Version : QQ, value bet river vs multiple opponents?

henkeee
11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Ok, time for my first hand post. The question is, do you value bet this on the river?

SB 15/9/1.9
UTG+1 82/4/0.6
MP2 50/9/1.5

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 12.50 BB, between MP2, Hero, SB and UTG+1.</font>

milesdyson
11-21-2005, 03:07 PM
yes please

sean c
11-21-2005, 03:08 PM
Why wouldn't you?

WalkAmongUs
11-21-2005, 03:09 PM
Yes, there are a multitude of worse hands you may get a call out of. If you were against a flush you most likely would have heard about it on the turn. If you get raised on the river you're probably against two pair or better but you'd have to call because the pot is so big.

DCWildcat
11-21-2005, 03:19 PM
As standard as it gets. Bet.

MrWookie47
11-21-2005, 03:19 PM
It's been a while since I gave a kitten that was killed due to missing a solid river value bet a proper funeral. Thus,

Lacrymosa dies illa,
Qua resurget ex favilla,
Judicandus h.omo reus,
Huic ergo parce deus.
Pie Jesu Domine,
Dona eis requiem. Amen.

Edit: I'm choosing to bypass the language filter because h.omo, in this context, is not a derogatory word refering to homosexuals, but, instead, is just a regular old Latin word meaning "man."

car ramrod
11-21-2005, 03:21 PM
value bet

jrz1972
11-21-2005, 03:22 PM
The river check is terrible. This isn't even remotely a close decision.

numeri
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The river check is terrible. This isn't even remotely a close decision.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yah.

To the OP: Don't feel bad. I have a few hand posts early on with more obvious river value bets than this. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
what they said

henkeee
11-21-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, there are a multitude of worse hands you may get a call out of. If you were against a flush you most likely would have heard about it on the turn. If you get raised on the river you're probably against two pair or better but you'd have to call because the pot is so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I obviously should bet according to all answers. Calling a river raise though, seems like a bad idea to me. I would be interested to hear what others think about that..

I can see MP call the river bet with top pair, but I didn't see more than one player calling with something that I beat. I thought the risk was rather big that someone else had a better hand (either slowplaying or being afraid of the three flush).

MrWookie47
11-21-2005, 04:38 PM
The more you value bet, the more you'll be surprised at what people call with. We even had a hand posted in the NC thread where a guy bet, and then OVERCALLED A RAISE on the river with the NUT LOW.

As for calling a river c/r, it really depends on the players (who's raising, and who's called).

Lastly, you need to read this classic thread. (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=&amp;Number=491819&amp;page=&amp;v iew=&amp;sb=5&amp;o=&amp;fpart=)

2+2 wannabe
11-21-2005, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yes please

[/ QUOTE ]

bravos1
11-21-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I obviously should bet according to all answers. Calling a river raise though, seems like a bad idea to me. I would be interested to hear what others think about that..

I can see MP call the river bet with top pair, but I didn't see more than one player calling with something that I beat. I thought the risk was rather big that someone else had a better hand (either slowplaying or being afraid of the three flush).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why worry about a river raise here? If someone, IMO, hit their flush, they would of C/R you on the turn most likely, unless it was the SB looking for overcallers (but that is giving him way too much credit). Bet the river. I could see putting 2 of the 3 on jacks, with MP2 potentially having the biggest since he lead out the flop. There are also many potential busted straight draws out there. I could easily see SB playing something like QT and flop an OESD. No one but you has shown any aggression, and I think the turn would have been the street you would have seen it.

If someone hit the river for 2 pair or a very ugly set of 3s, tell em NH and move on.

henkeee
11-21-2005, 04:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
what they said

[/ QUOTE ]

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG+1 has 7d 6c (one pair, sevens).
MP2 has Th Ks (high card, king).
Hero has Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
SB has Ts As (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 12.50 BB. </font>

11-21-2005, 05:01 PM
*grunch*

I would bet again but I think it's debatable. SB is tight and probably has a top pair or some mediocre pocket pair. I don't think he is calling down with a set He probably would check-raise you on the turn at the latest point. The other opponents could have about anything. There are straights and a flush possible but I still think you are best here most of the time.