PDA

View Full Version : Clothes ripped where to take to fix?

11-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I have a nice suit, and was out this saturday night, and ended up getting way to drunk, and ripping the inside pocket of the jacket. Its kind of a silk inside and is torn to shreds. Can I take this to a tailor/dry cleaner to be fixed? If not, is there somewhere i can go to get it fixed?

11-21-2005, 03:00 PM
A tailor will definitely do it. I personally have a female friend who is very much into designing clothes and sewing who does all my stuff like this for free.

4_2_it
11-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Go to a tailor. You will be fine. A drycleaner would do it, but if you want a quality job head to a tailor.

housenuts
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
yup, you my friend need a tailor.

another similar question: i have some new suede shoes and some numpty stepped on one of the toes leaving a big black scuff mark. is there any way this can be fixed? can a cobbler do anything?

11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Cool thanks. And in return, Naom, the star under your name is a bad mark, probably due to the poker related thread you started in OOT.

MelK
11-21-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go to a tailor. You will be fine. A drycleaner would do it, but if you want a quality job head to a tailor.

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do tailors charge for this sort of fixing work?

4_2_it
11-21-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How much do tailors charge for this sort of fixing work?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends how badly you butchered it, but it is probably closer to $20 than $200.