PDA

View Full Version : One of those possible freeroll how many bet hands

shant
11-21-2005, 02:11 PM
I was starting to forget that I hated live play so I thought I'd remind myself by going to Pechanga. This table was playing passive for the most part, with really only one other guy raising preflop. People were playing straight-forward and it was so boring I wanted to die. Onto the hand!

Pechanga 8/16 w/ Kill (9 Handed - Kill is Off)

I have J/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif in the SB. There's like 5 limpers to me and I complete because the BB won't raise KK preflop but will complain to me when he/she loses with them. BB checks.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gifQ/images/graemlins/spade.gif (7 SB)

I check, BB checks everyone checks to some MP old asian lady who is very quiet and straight-forward and raises with the hand you think she'll be raising with. A bunch of ugly people fold and I call and only one other guy calls.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif (5 BB)
I bet, moron folds, asian lady pops it. Someone I feel like punching next to me mentions it is HU and unlimited bets.

Should I 3-bet? Should I 5-bet? Should I just call down? Against true Pechanga player form this lady has enough bets where I should worry about it.

sean c
11-21-2005, 02:27 PM
How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ? I would prob 3-bet and call a 4-bet and pray for a river /images/graemlins/club.gif

B Dids
11-21-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the only way to answer this.

shant
11-21-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How many bets do you think this Lady will go without AJ?

[/ QUOTE ]

This seems like the only way to answer this.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think she'd 4-bet just a J because live players flop straights and check-call down because you could've had a flush.

B Dids
11-21-2005, 02:47 PM
And you think the same player will go a lot of bets with a J and a freeroll, even though you might have AJ and she should be scared?

I'm feeling like I don't like a lot of bets if I'm understanding what you're saying.

shant
11-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Yeah, so is 3-betting right? I'm already convinced any more than that is stupid.

Edit: I should add I mostly made this post to berate live players but I'm wondering about the 3-bet.

hobbsmann
11-21-2005, 02:52 PM
given that you describe this old lady as being very straight forward than I think it is a ton more likely that she bet the flop with pair+J rather than AJ. So because you are probably free rolling here I would 3-bet and call a 4-bet. The reason I don't think 5-betting is good is as you say these people will rarely go more than a couple of bets with a non-nut hand.

Anyway, the important point here is to focus on rivering a /images/graemlins/club.gif

TheHammer24
11-21-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
given that you describe this old lady as being very straight forward than I think it is a ton more likely that she bet the flop with pair+J rather than AJ. So because you are probably free rolling here I would 3-bet and call a 4-bet. The reason I don't think 5-betting is good is as you say these people will rarely go more than a couple of bets with a non-nut hand.

Anyway, the important point here is to focus on rivering a /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. If the lady is passive predictable, I don't see her raising with AJ on the flop. More likely QJ. I could, however see A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, which would be worst case scenario. I think I three bet, call a 4-bet, and river a /images/graemlins/club.gif.

This post was very very entertaining. When you said you wanted to punch the guy next to you, I literally lauged outloud

private joker
11-21-2005, 04:11 PM
She has KJ 100% of the time. She might have it in spades, might not. I'm not worried about AJ. I'd go 3-bets -- she won't go 4 because she doesn't have the nuts, which is AJ. She will just call your 3-bet. Passive old ladies never put in 4 bets on a street, sometimes even if they *have* the nuts.

So once she calls the 3-bet, see what the river is. If it's a spade, check-call because you're chopping or losing. If it's a club, bet -- she will just call because she doesn't have a flush. If you check she will check behind her straight because she doesn't have a flush. If the river is neither a club nor spade, it doesn't matter -- either check-call or bet and let her call. You're chopping 100% of the time in that scenario.

W. Deranged
11-21-2005, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very important that you internalize this point.

11-21-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree here. If the lady is passive predictable, I don't see her raising with AJ on the flop. More likely QJ. I could, however see A /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/spade.gif, which would be worst case scenario. I think I three bet, call a 4-bet, and river a /images/graemlins/club.gif.

This post was very very entertaining. When you said you wanted to punch the guy next to you, I literally lauged outloud

[/ QUOTE ]

The best part was when he said "a bunch of ugly people call"

deetle
11-21-2005, 06:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I check, BB checks everyone checks to some MP old asian lady who is very quiet and straight-forward and raises with the hand you think she'll be raising with. A bunch of ugly people fold and I call and only one other guy calls.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused who bet the flop for her to raise?

shant
11-21-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm confused who bet the flop for her to raise?

[/ QUOTE ]
She didn't raise. I included that she raises straightforwardly as a read. She bet the flop.

private joker
11-21-2005, 06:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
some MP old asian lady who is very quiet and straight-forward and raises with the hand you think she'll be raising with.

[/ QUOTE ]

She didn't raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, then I change my read. She no longer has to have KJ. If she's just betting, then she could have QJ too. Or QQ. Nevertheless, my plan is the same: 3-bet the turn, check-call a spade river, bet any other river. She will not put a 4th bet in, so don't worry about it.