PDA

View Full Version : 5+.50, 5 people left, A10o from UTG +1

11-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Down to 5 people started with 650.
Everyone has been playing a bit tight.
Stacks are around: 260k button, 200k small blind, 160k (me) ugt+1, 100k UTG, 80k BB.
Blinds at 8k/16k.

I get A10o. UTG folds.
Should I bet here? Better yet how much?

11-21-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Down to 5 people started with 650.
Everyone has been playing a bit tight.
Stacks are around: 260k button, 200k small blind, 160k (me) ugt+1, 100k UTG, 80k BB.
Blinds at 8k/16k.

I get A10o. UTG folds.
Should I bet here? Better yet how much?

[/ QUOTE ]

I lead out 4x BB because you don't care to take blinds here but have a great 5-handed hand so a call doesn't really scare you so much. Your M of 15 puts you in the strange yellow zone so your moves can't be as elaborate. If you hit the flop, be prepared to be all-in.

11-21-2005, 01:45 PM
Yeah, good enough hand for 5 handed, especially with a fold in front of you. Raise it up and think about what you'll do on different types of flops.

If you hit the flop and you get a lot of action, you don't necessarily have to be all in, try to keep the pot small, I'd raise only 3xBB if the table was playin tight, so the pot doesnt get huge and force me to push all my chips in when he re-raises me.

Try to get in the pot, take it down and then move on. If you hit a lot of resistance, get out.

11-21-2005, 02:48 PM
I raised it to either 30k or 40k. Which was a normal looking raise for me at this table and had taken down the blinds with that a few times.

Both the big stacks called me. Confused here, what would be good enough to just call with here and not reraise? Weaker Ace? Small pocket pair?

Flop came two spades and an ACE. (I did have the As)

SB checks
Hero? I had made cont. bets in spots like this previously, but those were all heads up. So I thought all in bet here looks funny. I made an about half pot size bet leaving me with 90k or so.

Big stack calls, SB folds.

Do I plan on pushing any turn card or just try to check it down?

11-21-2005, 03:17 PM
...Well its obviously important that you tell us whats on the flop, rather than just two spades.

Against 2 players on the flop I want to make at least a pot sized bet to learn on the flop if they're going to stick with their hands or not, if they smoothcall me then im going to shut down and check it down unless I have a read that I have the best hand.

In this situation unless they hit a set on the flop its unlikely for them to just smooth call. For the hands that were good enough to smoothcall preflop it doesnt make sense for them to just smoothcall with an ace on the board with KK or QQ..

A-J through A-K would probably re-raise you...So Im not really sure where you are in the hand, which is why I like the pot sized bet on the flop.

Edit: BTW, with a half pot bet on the flop you're giving them 3-1 odds to draw out on you with a flush or a straight draw..I'd bet more with 2 spades on the board, especially if it was dangerous looking. Refer to the pot sized bet again /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Exitonly
11-21-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
M of 15

[/ QUOTE ]

his M is 7.5 if there are no antes, probably 5 w/ antes.

--

I'm pushing this PF.

jedi
11-21-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raised it to either 30k or 40k. Which was a normal looking raise for me at this table and had taken down the blinds with that a few times.

Both the big stacks called me. Confused here, what would be good enough to just call with here and not reraise? Weaker Ace? Small pocket pair?

Flop came two spades and an ACE. (I did have the As)

SB checks
Hero? I had made cont. bets in spots like this previously, but those were all heads up. So I thought all in bet here looks funny. I made an about half pot size bet leaving me with 90k or so.

Big stack calls, SB folds.

Do I plan on pushing any turn card or just try to check it down?

[/ QUOTE ]

I push this pre-flop.

Given that you didn't push this preflop, but hit an Ace, I push the flop.

Given that you didn't push the flop, but made a 1/2 pot sized bet, you're now committed and push the turn. OR I supposed you can check the turn and induce a bluff on the river.

11-21-2005, 03:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
M of 15

[/ QUOTE ]

his M is 7.5 if there are no antes, probably 5 w/ antes.

--

I'm pushing this PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong with me today.

Are you saying his effective M is 7.5? Because his actual M is 6.666667. (Don't know where I got 15 earlier).

11-21-2005, 04:41 PM
The two spades were low like 4 and 8 or something low like that. The turn was another low spade and I ended making a goofy bet of 50k. I know I should have pushed, it was 3AM and I don't think I was thinking right. Big stack reraised me all in, since I only had 30k left behind. Villian turned of AJo. Not sure if there was anyway I would have gotten him off that hand anyway?? I started praying for a spade on the river but it did not come.

I guess he played the hand decent, I was 90% sure he was not on spade draw here since I had the Ace, so betting to deny the draw was not a concern. I was pretty sure he was on an Ace but had no clue what the kicker was, but I think he should have reraised me on the flop with the two spades out. If I was in his spot I am definitely pushing the flop.