PDA

View Full Version : Stud8 - Day 3, Hand 7

Aaron W.
11-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Did I miss a value bet on 5th? I've got two players whose boards show lows that are worse than mine, and they probably don't already have a low.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($0.25/$0.50), Ante $0.05, Bring-In $0.10 (converter (http://j.1asphost.com/greenage))

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in
Seat 4: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 7: xx xx Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls

4th Street - (3.20 SB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks

5th Street - (1.60 BB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___checks
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif___checks

6th Street - (1.60 BB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___checks___calls

River - (4.60 BB)

Hero: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif xx___raises___calls
Seat 8: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif xx___checks___folds

Total pot: (10.60 BB)

blumpkin22
11-21-2005, 01:50 PM
I'd probably play it the same. I like taking the free card on fifth, and I definitely like the bet on sixth with your low and nice draw. I would fold that hand on third in early position, but in late position, especially closing the action, the call is fine.

11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah betting 5th is standard for me in that situation

Aaron W.
11-21-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably play it the same. I like taking the free card on fifth, and I definitely like the bet on sixth with your low and nice draw. I would fold that hand on third in early position, but in late position, especially closing the action, the call is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

You would fold a 74 low on 3rd in early position? How low would it have to be to call?

blumpkin22
11-21-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You would fold a 74 low on 3rd in early position? How low would it have to be to call?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's okay if you are playing against a bunch of donkeys, but you have a mediocre hand. You have three to a 7-4 low with no high potential. You have minimal scooping potential and could possibly get trapped in the hand with a second best low.

Also, there's a lot of dead low cards.

11-21-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's okay if you are playing against a bunch of donkeys, but you have a mediocre hand. You have three to a 7-4 low with no high potential. You have minimal scooping potential and could possibly get trapped in the hand with a second best low.

Also, there's a lot of dead low cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Must say I agree, mostly because of all the dead cards that makes a scoop a longshot. The only reason to call is the ante structure, if it was low ante it would have been an easy fold I think.