PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with maniacs (especially short-handed)

aggie
11-21-2005, 12:10 PM
I just sat down in a 10-25 game at the Borgata early this morning 4-handed. I was the third best player at the table as I quickly figured out that two were very good (the other was extremely weak-tight but had lots of cash)…..Villian in on my right and is an extreme lunatic before the flop but plays very well post flop. The only hand I had played with him thus far he blind raised to 100 preflop I called on the button with QJos. Flop came A,J,3….He bet 200, I raised to 600, he moves me allin (I started the hand w/ 2500), I fold, and he shows me 5-6….He’s an internet player and was talking about playing heads up with Ivey on fulltilt a few days ago (and I have no reason not to believe him)….

Anyway, 15-minutes after the bluff this guy had been cautious with me (presumably waiting for me to pay him off). I have 4k and villain has me covered. He raises to 100 (not in the dark) and I call with K-10 on the button as do both the blinds. Flop comes 4-4-2 rainbow and It’s checked around. Turn is the offsuit 10. I lead out for 300, weak tighty thinks for a while and calls (he is weak), fold, villain raises to 800. Although this seems like a good spot for a squeeze play, villains check on the flop also seemed suspicious. I call and tighty folds. River is a brick 7. He bets 800, I feel sick and I call.

Thoughts?

BobboFitos
11-21-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just sat down in a 10-25 game at the Borgata early this morning 4-handed. I was the third best player at the table as I quickly figured out that two were very good

[/ QUOTE ]

stand up, ogle the cocktail waitresses, eat something, come back later. right? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The only hand I had played with him thus far he blind raised to 100 preflop I called on the button with QJos. Flop came A,J,3….He bet 200, I raised to 600,

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that a standard raise on the flop for you? He has essentially a random hand, I'd think he'd be way behind, and if he's aggro and I have position, I dont mind keeping it that way and seeing a turn. Meh.

For the hand in question, I'm unclear of the action; you're on the button, but you lead for 300? Or, it's checked to you, weak tight calls out of the blind, then villain raises the weak tight player and you dont think he is squeezing? If that is right... What do you put them both on? If you dont think he's squeezing, and it's such a small raise, and this is not a random hand, you beat a few top pair type hands, but I doubt he would do this weird buildthe pot three way with like T9 or the like. it's possible he got tricky with an overpair or a 4. It's a tough spot, really. But seems fold is the play... Only 2 outs you feel really good about on the river.

Also, consider reraising pf.

Andrew Fletcher
11-21-2005, 04:20 PM
What's your read on how villian percives you? Does he think you are a strong or weak player? In this spot, I might bluff at you pretty hard if I thought you were a weak player. On the other hand, if you're a strong player, I'd only make this play with a strong hand. Which is it?

11-21-2005, 04:26 PM
I would muck to the squeeze play. He has been waiting to set you up; now he has. Plus weak tight player has you killed a good % of the time here and is just suckering you.

MTBlue
11-21-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he blind raised to 100 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised without looking at his cards if I'm reading this correctly. Against a random hand second pair should be good the majority of the time. Just call they're not many scare cards (K or T?) out there and a raise puts your whole stack at risk with a marginal hand.

11-21-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he blind raised to 100 preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He raised without looking at his cards if I'm reading this correctly. Against a random hand second pair should be good the majority of the time. Just call they're not many scare cards (K or T?) out there and a raise puts your whole stack at risk with a marginal hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

A random hand doesn't bet $2500.

scdavis0
11-21-2005, 04:56 PM
How do you not pop him back pre-flop with QJ when he has raised blind?