PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving in New England

BeerMoney
11-21-2005, 10:35 AM
Awesome. Best Holiday.

Football game vs. Rival Highschool.
Everyone starts drinking McGuillicuddy's at 8a.m.
See all of your h.s. peers at the game.
Appropriate foliage to go with the holiday.
Everyone's mom knows how to cook a kick-ass turkey.
Cap off the night at some local watering hole where all of the young people in that town meet up at.

lu_hawk
11-21-2005, 10:41 AM
In Jersey we start things off the night before at a local bar where you see everyone from high school. Then on Thursday morning people go to football game half drunk and starting to get a bad hangover, then after the game nobody wants to eat. But it's still my favorite holiday for the same reasons you have.

diebitter
11-21-2005, 10:44 AM
I can't believe you guys are giving thanks for not still being part of the British Empire. I mean we've got creative dentists, we're right next to France and near to Germany, we have Hugh Grant, we have an exciting mass transit system that just keeps you guessing....

Actually, I want in.

11-21-2005, 10:46 AM
St. Louis-
Go out wednesday night for the busiest bar night of the year...by a wide margin. Whole city gets hammered with friends they havent seen in ages. Then I have to wake up thursday morning, play a little football, then dinner at 3 with my family. Thursday night we all meet at a friends house with leftovers, and get drunk all over again. Its a little to warm here though, 50 degrees.

BeerMoney
11-21-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In Jersey we start things off the night before at a local bar where you see everyone from high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I screwed it up... That is the order. I haven't been back home in 5 years for thanksgiving, so I forgot.

MonkeeMan
11-21-2005, 12:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you guys are giving thanks for not still being part of the British Empire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to worry then, because that's not what Thanksgiving is about. You must be thinking of the 4th of July, when we celebrate kicking your tax happy asses out of our country.

Dr. Strangelove
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe you guys are giving thanks for not still being part of the British Empire. I mean we've got creative dentists, we're right next to France and near to Germany, we have Hugh Grant, we have an exciting mass transit system that just keeps you guessing....

Actually, I want in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man it never occured to me that you people don't get thanksgiving. Assloads of turkey and mash potatoes and gravy and pumpkin pie and stuffing and beer and football and friends and family... Britain should really work on being officially accepted as the 51st state.

pokerdirty
11-21-2005, 12:33 PM
ohio -

wednesday night- get drunk off your ass.
thursday- wake up at 6am hungover.
start drinking in at 615am while you are in the shower.
load up truck of buddies by 730.
buy more beer at 745
get to the huntin spot by 830
finish your first 12pack by 9
915 dog finds a bird.
916 dog flush the bird.
9.16+1sec, drunk friend shoots bird too early, blows the [censored] out of it with his 20 gauge, making it dog meat.
finish hunting by noon, bringing in the birdy (pheasant, chuker, maybe quail) limit
defeather and cut out the good meat, done by 1
go home, and drink more in the car by 2
pass out til 4
turn on football, hope wife has the turkey ready.
dinner with fam from 5-7
8, back out to the bar
come home by 12, and pass out again, and maybe have some 3 second sex with the wife.

note, this is not me. this is just ohioians in general.

ChipWrecked
11-21-2005, 12:53 PM
Wake up drunk.
Drink more.
Yell at kids.
Kick dog.
Beat wife.

Wait, this was my house, y'all probably don't celebrate that way.