PDA

View Full Version : Danger***Americas Card Room***Danger

VeryTnA
06-30-2003, 12:38 AM
America's Card Room is HORRIBLE!!!
<p>
To start with, getting my deposit bonus took several phone calls over two days. Then it took 5 days, and I can't tell you how many phone calls and e-mails (mostly un-answered) to complete a cash out. I left $100 in my account with the idea of playing more at ARC. But, after thinking about the problems, I decided to empty my account. ALARM***THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME MY LAST $100, they said it was Promo Bucks. IF IT WAS PROMO BUCKS, HOW IS IT THAT I COULD PLAY REAL MONEY POKER WITH THAT $100?
<p>
So after a couple more phone calls and emails without making any head way, I went on TILT. I logged back on to Americas Card Room and dumped the balance of my account. Ever hear of a site that will let you lose un-earned bonus money?
<P>
What more can I tell you. Cash outs are a nightmare! The traffic is poor, games are hard to keep going, the software is funky, even the table interface is funky. It goes without saying the Promo setup leaves a whole lot to be desired.
<p>
Many of you guys know me from the Zoo Tournaments. VeryTnA short for Very Tight and Aggressive. Sorry...nothing to do with Tits or Ass. I play at a lot of sites and have never been burned. If the most I ever get screwed out of playing internet poker is $100, I will die a lucky man. If I can help a fellow 2+2'er save some heart ache, then I'll die lucky with a smile. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

LLAMA
06-30-2003, 01:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
To start with, getting my deposit bonus took several phone calls over two days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very weird considering this is an automated process that happens immediately upon making your initial deposit...

Perhaps if you removed the thumb from your backside, you might have been able to click the cashier button and see this.

But, after thinking about the problems, I decided to empty my account. ALARM***THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME MY LAST $100, they said it was Promo Bucks. IF IT WAS PROMO BUCKS, HOW IS IT THAT I COULD PLAY REAL MONEY POKER WITH THAT $100?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you stupid or just ignorant? Read all about promo bucks right on the bottom of the page that pops up every time you load ACR.

On a side note, this amazing $100 in promo bucks was probably your deposit bonus that you were too stupid to figure out you already received.

So after a couple more phone calls and emails without making any head way, I went on TILT. I logged back on to Americas Card Room and dumped the balance of my account.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good riddens to you then. I'm happy that a player with this type of mentality is no longer at a site I frequent. Go try and ripoff some other site.

Hopefully someone from Party Poker reads this and doesn't allow mr_rounders to transfer that stolen money to your account there.

Ted Geisel
06-30-2003, 01:47 AM
"I decided to empty my account. ALARM***THEY WOULDN'T GIVE ME MY LAST $100, they said it was Promo Bucks. IF IT WAS PROMO BUCKS, HOW IS IT THAT I COULD PLAY REAL MONEY POKER WITH THAT $100?"

Give us a break. It is clear from the rules there are cashout restrictions. It is a promotion, not manna from heaven, it has rules ... DUH ! A careful guy like you surely knew he had received $100 in promo bucks.

"So after a couple more phone calls and emails without making any head way, I went on TILT. I logged back on to Americas Card Room and dumped the balance of my account."

Okay, so you needed an excuse to lose ....

"Ever hear of a site that will let you lose un-earned bonus money?"

and yes, ACR does let players lose promo bucks, but you have "earned" them, by playing in goodfaith, even if poorly and on tilt.

(I have zero affiliation with ACR, I'm just tired of these ... "can-you-believe ( fill in site name) won't-give me-something-for-nothing, whining stories that crop up here periodically ... especially accompanied by a "hey you guys know how credible I am" closing and the self-serving, "I'm only saying this to help you, not relate another whining tale" tag line)

onlinechamp
06-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Funny post Tom I enjoyed it.

VeryTnA
06-30-2003, 02:08 AM
I play lots of other sites as 2+2 readers know. I understand deposit bonuses, and promo rewards. I keep close track of money I win and lose. If you want to defend this site, be my guest. In the long run, like problems will start to occur on a regular basis and be reported here. I hope your cash outs come in 48hours as advertised. MINE DID NOT!!! If you choose to play at ARC, and get burned don't come here crying. I wish you luck! See you at the WSEX, Party, Stars, Empire, Paradise, and UB tables.

VeryTnA
06-30-2003, 02:21 AM
In reply to:
--------------------------------------------------------
Hopefully someone from Party Poker reads this and doesn't allow mr_rounders to transfer that stolen money to your account there.
--------------------------------------------------------
Public Annoucement: mr_rounders can keep any and all money he won from me. I am just happy my loss was small. I am happy to be free from the slowest customer service of all online poker sites. If you are lucky they will answer your email in a couple days. Try it yourself. The managers email is: gm@americascardroom.com See how long it takes him to reply.

LLAMA
06-30-2003, 02:35 AM
"WON"?? He didn't "win"...he got chips dumped to him by you. As for him keeping it...I sincerely hope not.

On a side note, I spoke with Torstyn three times through emails just tonight...

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 11:47 PM
Response: Sunday, June 29, 2003 11:59 PM

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 1:11 AM
Response: Monday, June 30, 2003 2:00 AM

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 2:05 AM
Response: Monday, June 30, 2003 2:13 AM

Not to mention they have an 800 number.

Guess that was a bad challenge to issue if you were hoping for people to get bad customer service.

Ted Geisel
06-30-2003, 02:55 AM
T:

I don't play at ACR. It was your whing post that drew attention, not any defense of ACR.

Okay, so you read and understand deposit bonuses and promos... so why are you crying about ACR ?

... and then crying about how they put you on tilt ?

VeryTnA
06-30-2003, 03:39 AM
Okay, so you read and understand deposit bonuses and promos... so why are you crying about ACR ? ... and then crying about how they put you on tilt ?
I am not crying about anything!!! I made money at ARC.
I AM TRYING TO WARN PEOPLE!!!! They don't pay in a timely manner. The customer service is poor, etc. I didn't go on tilt in the typical sense. I dumped the money they wouldn't pay me. I had enough of ARC and told them good riddance. I've made my statement and I stand behind my story. With respect, I say Good Luck and see you at one of the other very good poker sites.

HonestPete
06-30-2003, 09:46 AM
As far as im aware, a few months ago when I last played there the only fault ACR has is it is a bit slower than other sites at cashing out. Not much though, so unless you need to transfer money immediately or someone will die you should be ok.

Regarding VeryTnA I wont make any comments, too easy a target. I prefer verbal matches with n1stunnor, he knows the score but for other mongrels who want to attack ACR then think again. That site is the bomb. Their promo bucks are brilliant for low limit players, very easy to pick up $200PB a week + profits.

You are wrong VTnA.

By the way, I heard a rumour other day that you collude on a certain site with 2 other players? Is this true? If i get concrete evidence i will post it here VTnA, you better watch who you mess with.

Pete Man

VeryTnA
06-30-2003, 11:20 AM
By the way, I heard a rumour other day that you colluded on with 2 other players and had Kennedy killed? Is this true? If i get concrete evidence i will post it here HonestPete, you better watch who you mess with.

Acesover8s
06-30-2003, 11:50 AM
As it turns out. ACR does suck. The promobucks system is convoluted, and at least when I played there last it created some of the worst rock gardens I had ever played in.

I have played with VeryTNA before, and thought him much too good a player to be an internet kook, although your mistake was typing your message in "Kook-type" format.

onlinechamp
06-30-2003, 12:31 PM
ACR is a well known site the pioneer of poker!

RiverMel
06-30-2003, 12:43 PM
I had a cashout with ACR that was taking a few days longer than I expected. This was my first cashout with ACR, so I was a bit concerned. I e-mailed support asking about my cashout. I believe I said I "needed" the money, or something which indicated urgency. The manager wrote back and offered to Western Union me the money right away at no cost. (He clearly thought I needed the money for some emergency purpose). I declined his offer but was still grateful that he was willing to do this. Not that this is a good excuse for a chronically laggy cashout system, but it is still a relevant fact.

RiverMel
06-30-2003, 12:45 PM
WTF? Have you completely lost it? Your posts used to have at least some semblance of reality / coherence. Now you seem to just be typing in random words.

ACR is most certainly not a pioneer of internet poker. If any site is deserving of that title, it's Planet Poker.

MS Sunshine
06-30-2003, 01:47 PM
"although your mistake was typing your message in "Kook-type" format."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT.....HUH....HUH???????

MS Sunshine

LiveActionPoker
06-30-2003, 05:26 PM
You were trying to cash out your deposit bonus, which was in the form of promo bucks. If you took the time to read about promo bucks you would have known that for every 200 raked hands, $25 of it turns to real cash.

All of the big sites make you play a certain amount of hands before cashing out promos. The difference with ACR is that they let you play with your promo bucks rather than letting them sit there until you have met the qualifications. Anything you win with them is yours to cash out right away.

You were not scammed out of anything. You simply failed to read the directions. Oh well, lesson learned. Hopefully you will read promotion details the next time you make a deposit at a card room.

Best of luck to you.

P.S. Once you read the terms on their site and realize that it was an oversite on your part, will you be offering a retraction of your warning?

HonestPete
06-30-2003, 06:00 PM
What a silly question LiveActionPoker!!!

Do ignorant donkeys apologise?

dux
06-30-2003, 10:09 PM
By the way, I heard a rumour other day that you collude on a certain site with 2 other players? Is this true? If i get concrete evidence i will post it here VTnA, you better watch who you mess with.

Why bother with concrete evidence? You've already hurt his reputation. You may as well say the same about me, there's not much I can do bar deny it.