PDA

View Full Version : (22) Is this too weak tight/

golfcchs
11-21-2005, 03:22 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t760)
CO (t605)
Button (t590)
SB (t1665)
BB (t775)
UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t835)
MP1 (t855)
MP2 (t1130)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t145

No read on UTG he had not done anything so far.

I really dont like this situation because If I reraise here I feel like I have to play for my whole stack, but if I call I could be only caller in pot and will not be getting odds to hit my ace or king. Is folding really bad here? What is you play?

TT_fold
11-21-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

Hero (t760)
CO (t605)
Button (t590)
SB (t1665)
BB (t775)
UTG (t785)
UTG+1 (t835)
MP1 (t855)
MP2 (t1130)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t145

No read on UTG he had not done anything so far.

I really dont like this situation because If I reraise here I feel like I have to play for my whole stack, but if I call I could be only caller in pot and will not be getting odds to hit my ace or king. Is folding really bad here? What is you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pushing here is fine... I hate calling for over an eighth of your stack, and folding is too weak even against an UTG raiser. Not only could UTG be raising with a hand that you dominate (AQ, KQ, AJ), but there's a good chance that pushing will move him off of a medium pocket pair.

golfcchs
11-21-2005, 03:33 AM
Do you give villain any credit for folding the first 10 or so hands?

Roman
11-21-2005, 03:45 AM
YES this is wayyy too weak.

golfcchs
11-21-2005, 03:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
YES this is wayyy too weak.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do then?

Roman
11-21-2005, 03:54 AM
raise to ~300 call a shove obv

gildwulf
11-21-2005, 04:42 AM
This is a very bad fold.

A push is good at the 22s...you want to see all five cards with AK and you will likely be called by some donk-tastic hands.

GrekeHaus
11-21-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no benefit to doing this rather than pushing.

gildwulf
11-21-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see no benefit to doing this rather than pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, you raise to 300 for half your stack and UTG calls. Flop comes Q72 rainbow and he pushes. You either a) call like a donkey or b) fold with your tail between your legs and wish you had pushed preflop.

11-21-2005, 08:14 AM
I usually just call here. Some times reraise it to 250. Don't know if it's good or bad though.

Begs

handsome
11-21-2005, 08:19 AM
Wow, I guess I'm the only do0d that folds.

11-21-2005, 08:58 AM
PUSH

Hornacek
11-21-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I guess I'm the only do0d that folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

me too

se2schul
11-21-2005, 09:58 AM
If I'm multitabling, I'll usually push this, since I don't like to have to think about many tough decisions.

If I'm just playing 1 or 2 tables, I'd probably call and actually play post-flop.

If it were a higher buy in, I'd consider folding, but probably wouldn't.

I don't think that raising less than all-in is a good option with your chip stack... Any reasonable raise would really commit you to the pot.

So, push if you don't like to have to think post flop or call if you think you can outplay him.

gildwulf
11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

If I'm just playing 1 or 2 tables, I'd probably call and actually play post-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that you are just delaying the decision whether to push now or on the flop. This is essentially a hand with two possible betting rounds: pre-flop and the flop. You either push the flop, call a push, or fold. There's no real playing post-flop to be had in this hand because of the size of the pot and the size of your stack.

Edit: this is assuming you raise the flop, which I think you need to do.

And on a sidenote I would like to reiterate that people should not be folding this at the 20s.

xJMPx
11-21-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but there's a good chance that pushing will move him off of a medium pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to comment on this. I play at the $33s and I get called a lot here with any pocket pair (or use to, I've slowed down with my AK recently.) Seems to me, it is hard to knock someone off low-mid pairs after they have committed chips.

Is this just me, or do others get this feeling?

As for the actually hand, I'd just call and hope to hit the flop. Give up on the hand otherwise. Maybe I'm to weak as well, but I don't like a re-raise less than a push here and I also don't like a coinflip. At the 22s, I don't think you are getting anything TT+ and above to lay down there hand. If the guy had been in a lot of hands so far, I would consider the push and hope to see AQ.

gildwulf
11-21-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but there's a good chance that pushing will move him off of a medium pocket pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wanted to comment on this. I play at the $33s and I get called a lot here with any pocket pair (or use to, I've slowed down with my AK recently.) Seems to me, it is hard to knock someone off low-mid pairs after they have committed chips.

As for the actually hand, I'd just call and hope to hit the flop. Give up on the hand otherwise. Maybe I'm to weak as well, but I don't like a re-raise less than a push here and I also don't like a coinflip. At the 22s, I don't think you are getting anything TT+ and above to lay down there hand. If the guy had been in a lot of hands so far, I would consider the push and hope to see AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you care about hourly rate I wouldn't worry too much if you get called with mid pocket pairs at lvl 2.

golfcchs
11-21-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you care about hourly rate I wouldn't worry too much if you get called with mid pocket pairs at lvl 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I push here I dont think I will get called by that many hands I am ahead of. I think there is a very good chance of being called by mid pocket pair and I dont see calling with worse than AJ, probibly AQ (keep in mind this is the first hand he has played and is UTG). Do you really think the 100 I will win if he folds compensated for the times I take the wrong end of a coinflip, not to mention the times he has aces or kings?

pineapple888
11-21-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is a very bad fold.

A push is good at the 22s...you want to see all five cards with AK and you will likely be called by some donk-tastic hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said. It's really that simple at the 22s. Anything else is overthinking it.

11-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Does the fact that he will have position give any weight to just calling? I rarely see someone push the flop this early at the 11's. Is it much different at the 22's? What are the odds that he'll get to see a free turn card?

I'm not making an argument to call. In fact, I have no business weighing in with any opinion. I'm just trying to clarify the case that is being made for pushing.

pineapple888
11-21-2005, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does the fact that he will have position give any weight to just calling? I rarely see someone push the flop this early at the 11's. Is it much different at the 22's? What are the odds that he'll get to see a free turn card?

I'm not making an argument to call. In fact, I have no business weighing in with any opinion. I'm just trying to clarify the case that is being made for pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, you don't want to play this post-flop, because the stacks just aren't deep enough, so position doesn't matter. You want to see all five cards, so just push it.