PDA

View Full Version : PUKE

Mercman572
11-21-2005, 03:20 AM
villain is 45/5/2

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG ($48.15)
MP ($97.05)
CO ($50.60)
Button ($235.30)
Hero ($51.15)
BB ($0)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG posts a blind of $0.50. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#666666]2 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#CC3333]Hero (poster) raises to $2.75</font>, UTG (poster) calls $2.50, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($9) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $8</font>, UTG folds, Button calls $8.

Turn: ($25) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif [color=#0000FF](3 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets $41</font>, Hero ?

I've been C-betting almost 90% and shutting down, I expected a bet here

orange
11-21-2005, 03:47 AM
How about bet/folding the turn, c/c the river? Was your plan to just c/c c/c all the way down?

billymonk
11-21-2005, 03:48 AM
Was this why you checked? You wanted him to bet? Just are sick from the size of it? Cause if you checked with the intention of calling or check-raising, you got what you wanted now call. If you checked for another reason, then I think you have to let go of this.
I think you should have just by-passed this problem by betting the turn. I probably bet ~$15. I feel confident that I can lay it down to a raise.

All things considered though, I fold.

ajmargarine
11-21-2005, 04:17 AM
I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet". I just don't know that your hand is strong enough for that; it's only TPGK. I'd rather see it done with an overpair and a dryer board (2 flush draws out there). I'd rather lead here for $15, and then maybe c/c to potentially induce a bluff on the river depending on the river card. As played, you just have to go with your gut whether to call this or not. I would lean toward calling it, but I wasn't there.

Malachii
11-21-2005, 05:57 AM
Hmm, tough spot. I think I'd let this one go this time, but make a note of it. It really only makes sense for him to have a set, a straight, air, or some raggedy two pair. I don't really see an ace playing like this. Hope you've been running better btw.

Mercman572
11-21-2005, 08:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How about bet/folding the turn, c/c the river? Was your plan to just c/c c/c all the way down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, it was to C/R all in because I'd been at the table with this guy a while and he liked to make some plays, but I hadn't seen him do this

Mercman572
11-21-2005, 09:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet". I just don't know that your hand is strong enough for that; it's only TPGK. I'd rather see it done with an overpair and a dryer board (2 flush draws out there)

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been pulling this alot with guys that like calling flop bets to take down on the turn, or autobet a turn with TP any kicker with pretty good success. Well, sort of, they've calling with worse hands as a 2:1 and catching up. In this spot I thought it would be alot closer because of the flush draws, but I'd seem him semibluff before when he should have taken a free card. My gut turned when he pushed however

Mercman572
11-21-2005, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmm, tough spot. I think I'd let this one go this time, but make a note of it. It really only makes sense for him to have a set, a straight, air, or some raggedy two pair. I don't really see an ace playing like this. Hope you've been running better btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice hand reading skills. I felt I was beat as well but convinced myself that I had to call since I checked to induce a bet and see a turned str8.

Thanks for the concern, my bad run of cards has made me think about the game in a much better way, so it had a purpose. I fully learned to appreciate what the long wrong and variance really can mean and have seen that you really do pull out if it by just keeping a good game. I was forced to evaluate everything I was doing since the style of play was so different an PR and feel I've really improved post flop because of it (although I occassionally botch things like this /images/graemlins/blush.gif)

Bonus whoring and a not so bad run has me turning a decent profit again, but my learning curve in 6max is a little slow.

How is the PFR? Normally I think I'd limp but I'd noticed that this villain would call with almost any holding in this spot.

Mercman572
11-21-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been waiting to pull this move as well. C/r'ing after a "failed continuation bet".

[/ QUOTE ]

Figured I'd show you one for the heck of it. This is what I've been getting alot at these levels.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG ($61.65)
MP ($50)
CO ($80.90)
Button ($28.70)
SB ($100.05)
Hero ($50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, Button calls $0.50, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $1.5</font>, Button calls $1.50.

Flop: ($4.25) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $3</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises to $6</font>, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($16.25) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero checks, [color=#CC3333]Button bets $5</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero raises to $20</font>, Button calls $15.70 (All-In), Hero calls $0.69.

River: ($57.65) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $57.65

Villain had A/7 but all in all its been a successful play so far at least

11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
I agree with the others, A $15 bet would of been nice on the turn.

But if I had to make this decision, I would quickly go through the hands I would want to be up against in this situaion. Which is basically AJ, AT. Not too likely.
To call you're betting your stack he's bluffing.

Id swear, slam my mouse 3 or 4 times, then click the fold button.

Malachii
11-21-2005, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How is the PFR? Normally I think I'd limp but I'd noticed that this villain would call with almost any holding in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think the PFR is fine so long as he's usually folding to your continuation bets. If he's calling your continuation bets and being a pest with position I like limping more. As a general rule, I think your PFR's out of the blinds should be designed to exploit your opponent's weaknesses. If they limp/fold to a raise, raise almost anything. If they call a lot and call your continuation bets, raise only with solid values. Basically, exploit what your opponents tendencies are in these situations.

lautzutao
11-21-2005, 05:18 PM
Ahh yes, yet another FPS backfire/images/graemlins/grin.gif You should have just bet out...

BigBiceps
11-21-2005, 05:21 PM
That is how I would have expected the hand to play out on Party.

You made the correct play if playing on most any other server.

beavens
11-21-2005, 05:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That is how I would have expected the hand to play out on Party.

You made the correct play if playing on most any other server.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sammy_g
11-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Is that the exact amount to put you all-in? In my experience, when facing an unsophisticated player, that usually means he wants a call. This guy seems pretty unsophisticated judging from his stats.