PDA

View Full Version : Checking behind an ace high flush on the river.

Phoenix1010
11-21-2005, 02:14 AM
.5/1 NL 9 max on Absolute. Villain appears to be very solid. From memory so a little fuzzy. Do you bet this river?

Hero is MP1 with Ac6c
UTG limps, Hero limps, one LP limp, SB completes and BB checks.
Flop: Tc,5c,4s
SB checks, BB bets $5, UTG folds, Hero calls, others fold.
Turn: Kc
BB checks, Hero bets $11, BB calls.
River: 4c
BB checks, Hero?

yvesaint
11-21-2005, 02:16 AM
uh yea i bet this river

Phoenix1010
11-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Do you bet with AcQc as well?

11-21-2005, 02:20 AM
is it just me or were you getting horrible odds to call to continue hand after the flop. No implied odds either because solid player is going to have to have some monster hand [such as a set] in order to pay you off. Turn is ok and value bet river [1/2] pot. I think you will get a call here from Kx, 2pair. Hopefully he's not setting you up for a huge check-raise all with a set [looks doubtful though].

yvesaint
11-21-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you bet with AcQc as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

not sure, but i probably raise AcQc on the flop

Phoenix1010
11-21-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is it just me or were you getting horrible odds to call to continue hand after the flop. No implied odds either because solid player is going to have to have some monster hand [such as a set] in order to pay you off. Turn is ok and value bet river [1/2] pot. I think you will get a call here from Kx, 2pair. Hopefully he's not setting you up for a huge check-raise all with a set [looks doubtful though].

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying the odds are horrible is exagerating. I may have been reaching a bit, but being in position made it worth it in my mind, as I felt I could squeeze at least 1 bet out of him and perhaps two if I hit on the turn. I only needed to make 10 more bucks on the turn when I hit in order to make the flop call +EV, and that's not considering the possibility of my ace outs being good.

11-21-2005, 02:33 AM
but what are your chances against villan being a solid play to get $XX dollars if you make your hand. Smart/solid player is going to realize your hand most of the time and get away from his hand not paying you off over the long run which is -ev[not looking at this scenario].

Phoenix1010
11-21-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but what are your chances against villan being a solid play to get $XX dollars if you make your hand. Smart/solid player is going to realize your hand most of the time and get away from his hand not paying you off over the long run which is -ev[not looking at this scenario].

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I'm not going to stack him when I hit (unless he's on a lower flush draw, which is another important possibility here), but he can't immediately put me on a flush just because the club falls. If he has two pair there's no way he's check folding a club turn. He has to at least bet out once or call one bet, and it will probably be about 2/3 pot, making it +EV for me to call the flop. If he only has one pair, then my ace outs are most likely good, and I should be calling the flop then anyway.

Phoenix1010
11-21-2005, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh yea i bet this river

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you expect calls from against a solid player?