PDA

View Full Version : 3/6 o8 hands on party

buddycat
06-29-2003, 10:51 PM
A. Is ace 4 3 10 with the ace suited playable in early position, in a fairly tight game? What about a loose game? I felt it was a strong hand and called under the gun with it.

B. 3/6 online Omaha HL hand for analysis:

I am dealt the following hand: [ 6s, Ad, 8d, 2c ]

Preflop: There’s a fold, fold, call, call, call, I call, call, fold, Smallblind calls, big blind checks.

Flop: [ 6h, Jh, 4s ] check, check, bet, fold, fold, I call , call, call, call (five players left).

Turn: [Jd] check, check, bet, I call, call, call, call

River [5h] bet, call, I call, call, call

I get a quarter of the pot with the nut low.
A flush wins half the pot and another A2 wins a quarter of the pot.

The tough part of this hand for me was calling on the turn. On the flop I have the middle pair with nut low draw and I can get a fairly cheap card. OK. So far I have $6.00 invested in the pot. Now on the turn I am faced with a $6.00 bet to draw at the nut low, making my total investment
$12.00. The river is an easy call. I netted $5.00 on the hand. Anyone think a fold on the turn is a good play?

C. Another hand:
I am dealt [ Jd, 2d, Ac, Tc ]
Flop: [ Kc, 2s, Qs ] There’s a bet with six callers including me. I have six outs to the nuts (ace ten jack that’s not a spade)
Turn: [4d] There is a bet with five callers including me. I have six outs to the nut str8 still except two of those (the ace) will probably put the low out there.

River: [5c] It’s checked around

I lost the pot. Should I have got away from this hand on the flop or the turn? If so, why?

D. I am dealt [As, Ah, 3d, 6d ] in the small blind. There are 3 callers preflop and I call $2.00, reluctantly.

I regret it when I see the flop [ Qc, 5s, 7c ]. It is bet and I fold. Should I have entered this pot?

What if the ace were suited? I would have felt better about the call if it were.

HDPM
06-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Why are you so excited about A34T in early position, albeit with a suited ace, and so worried about AA36 in the small blind? I would call all the time in the SB with AA36, but not be overjoyed about the A34T. I guess I'd play it in a loose passive game tho. I'd much rather have it in late position. Seeing the flop and maybe getting a free look at the turn is good. But AA36 is a no brainer call in the SB in an unraised pot IMO, although you would love to have the ace suited of course. Even tho it looks like you had to complete w/ 2/3 of a bet instead of 1/2 or 1/3. Also, your sentence about regretting it when the flop came is worrisome unless you meant it as a joke. Not the way to make decisions.

Buzz
06-30-2003, 02:08 PM
"Why are you so excited about A34T in early position, albeit with a suited ace, and so worried about AA36 in the small blind?"

HDPM - Interesting comparison.

Ad3d4sTh has a suited ace and better counterfeit low protection than AsAh3d6d, but AsAh3d6d has the pair of bullets. Both hands seem very decent starting hands.

When played from the same position against a large, loose field, Ad3d4sTh seems a slightly better starting hand than AsAh3d6d.

When played from the same position against a small, tight field AsAh3d6d seems a better starting hand than Ad3d4sTh.

I think you generally prefer a smaller field seeing the flop with AsAh3d6d, while generally preferring a larger field seeing the flop with Ad3d4sTh.

Just my opinion.

Buzz

HDPM
06-30-2003, 04:24 PM
I think that your analysis is right on. I'm sure one of your reasons is that the small flush draw in the AA36 hand has way more value in a smaller pot than multiway. I kind of found that out the sort of hard way this weekend. I ended up heads up with a good low draw and a small flush draw. I ended up hitting the flush and didn't extract enough money because I was worried about it being small. Duh, we're heads up, chances are I'm golden. I was and missed a bet. Oh well.

Buzz
06-30-2003, 08:14 PM
"the small flush draw in the AA36 hand has way more value in a smaller pot than multiway."

Very good point. Against many opponents, a six high flush will very likely be beaten by a larger flush. Against only a few opponents, one of them is less likely to have a couple of cards in the flush suit.

Buzz