PDA

View Full Version : OT: If Ivey or Hansen played Party SNGs, would they do well?

11-21-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm thinking no.

splashpot
11-21-2005, 01:37 AM
I'm thinking they would play $215s and that they'd be smart enough to adapt. They certainly have the skill.

11-21-2005, 01:38 AM
True. I meant the low buy ins. Like the 6s and 11s. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

A_Junglen
11-21-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they have the gear to adapt to SNG play.

bones
11-21-2005, 01:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Re: OT: If Ivey or Hansen played Party SNGs, would they do well?

I'm thinking no.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think you can beat the Party sngs but 2 of the best poker players in the world can't? Wow...

Edit- This might be one of the worst posts that has ever been on this board. Seriously.

StacysMom
11-21-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking no.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, what he ssid
So you think you can beat the Party sngs but 2 of the best poker players in the world can't? Wow...

Edit- This might be one of the worst posts that has ever been on this board. Seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

fluorescenthippo
11-21-2005, 01:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are suggesting they would do better at the lower buyins?
no

11-21-2005, 01:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking no.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Worst? Maybe 2nd worst.

I meant, u know, given their loose styles.

Oh never mind. Everyone is so serious.

11-21-2005, 01:48 AM
I think you guys are giving the OP a hard time.

He was asking if they would their playstyle would adapt well against a field of opponenets that would call them down everytime.

mlagoo
11-21-2005, 01:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

He was asking if they would their playstyle would adapt well against a field of opponenets that would call them down everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

call me crazy, but i have a feeling that both ivey and hansen have played with callstations and maniacs before, and probably adjusted their play accordingly then, and would do it in this case.

the idea that great players only have one gear (lag, tag, whatever) is very very wrong. the reason these players beat the level they are at is because they figured out the (incredibly difficult) game and how to beat it. i have a sneaking suspicion they could do the same for the party 11s.

runner4life7
11-21-2005, 01:51 AM
then you are as dumb as him, they are some of the best they know how to play loose morons. be careful who you defend next time.

cha59
11-21-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

call me crazy, but i have a feeling that both ivey and hansen have played with callstations and maniacs before, and probably adjusted their play accordingly then, and would do it in this case.

the idea that great players only have one gear (lag, tag, whatever) is very very wrong. the reason these players beat the level they are at is because they figured out the (incredibly difficult) game and how to beat it. i have a sneaking suspicion they could do the same for the party 11s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure they'd figure out how to adjust to those games and beat them with relative ease. I dont see any reason to give the guy a hard time about asking the question though.

jeffraider
11-21-2005, 01:57 AM
Right off the bat they wouldn't do as well as our best 800-chippers but they'd be killing them really really fast.

11-21-2005, 02:03 AM
My last post wasn't in support of his opinion but clarifying it for some of the earlier posters who thought he was insinuating the op was better than the pros.

mlagoo
11-21-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont see any reason to give the guy a hard time about asking the question though.

[/ QUOTE ]

its sort of tradition though

bones
11-21-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My last post wasn't in support of his opinion but clarifying it for some of the earlier posters who thought he was insinuating the op was better than the pros.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think he was insinuating that at all.

ilya
11-21-2005, 02:10 AM
This is an absurd question, of course they would immediately crush any level of SnG aside from maybe the bigger STEP tournaments.