PDA

View Full Version : 200NL set

savman
11-21-2005, 01:10 AM
SB villain in the hand is typical 200NL 6max party donk. he plays way to many hands, open raises way to many hands, and is overly aggro post flop. EP raiser opens for 2.5 bbs and i consider popping him preflop, but there are several loose players left to act and EP raiser has 70 vpip and 40 wtsd so i am going to be in a bad place aginst him on a lot of flops/actions.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx (http://www.zerodivide.cx/converter)

UTG ($81.65)
MP ($127.05)
Hero ($180.60)
Button ($248.05)
SB ($187.60)
BB ($351.63)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
[color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]MP raises to $5</font>, Hero calls $5, Button calls $5, SB (poster) calls $4, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($22) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]SB bets $15</font>, MP calls $15, Hero???

xorbie
11-21-2005, 01:19 AM
PF is ok, I'd normally raise but calling isn't bad. Flop just pump it up, how much really depends on the table, but you absolutely would rather take it down right now than just call.

hfrog355
11-21-2005, 01:19 AM
Raise to around $60.

You have little reason to be behind in this hand, but a whole lot of cards scare the crap out of you.

savman
11-21-2005, 01:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
PF is ok, I'd normally raise but calling isn't bad. Flop just pump it up, how much really depends on the table, but you absolutely would rather take it down right now than just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, i almost raised the flop b/c that is what u do with a set and this is a drawwwy board if there ever was one but i wanted SB's stack and i can get away from the hand if i have to. this is the part of the hand i want to discuss. half the deck kills my action from sb (he is drawing sometimes but rarely...he isnt THAT agressive) and some of the deck will give the hand to CALLER since he is presumably, but not always, drawing. if i raise the flop to protect my hand SB has a chance to play correctly, and if i get it all in on the flop, which i dont mind at all, rarely i am crushed, and the rest of the time i am anywhere from a slight fav to strong fav against a naked FD and rarely crushing TP when someone is stupid enough to go to the felt in what was practically a minraised pot. thoughts?

xorbie
11-21-2005, 01:42 AM
It depends on how you play. But I repeat, calling is terrible. Just really freaking terrible. Any 7, T, Q or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif kills you here. You're not getting SB's stack this way ever. In addition, think about how strong SB must be here to lead into the field, which includes the PF agressor. I'm sure he can handle a flop raise. If you raise and SB calls and CO checks, I suppose an argument can be made for getting fancy on the turn, but seriously just calling here is bad.

Bukem_
11-21-2005, 01:46 AM
There really isn't any room to get cute on this board.

Raise way up on this flop.

savman
11-21-2005, 01:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It depends on how you play. But I repeat, calling is terrible. Just really freaking terrible. Any 7, T, Q or /images/graemlins/diamond.gif kills you here. You're not getting SB's stack this way ever. In addition, think about how strong SB must be here to lead into the field, which includes the PF agressor. I'm sure he can handle a flop raise. If you raise and SB calls and CO checks, I suppose an argument can be made for getting fancy on the turn, but seriously just calling here is bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i thought it was which is why i posted the hand. i almost always am raising the flop when i hit a set, and while i do not have the image u have, i dont have a nutsetter image either. i agree sb has to be strong leading into this field, i was counting on him leading a blank turn since he knew we were drawing against him. anyway i really didnt like my play on the hand, the turn blanked and sb pot it, i felt he was committed to his hand so i pushed he had AJ.